Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone on Saturday deposed before the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in a drugs related case after her alleged WhatsApp chats came to the fore. The actress reached the NCB's SIT guest house at 9:48 am without any security. The actress was summoned for questioning by the drug law enforcement agency on Wednesday. An NCB official said that she will be questioned about the alleged drug chats with her former manager Karishma Prakash, who has been called for questioning today as well. It is also said that NCB will undertake cross-examination of Deepika and Karishma.
According to sources, the interrogation seems to be tough. The actress was not really answering directly however, she did co-operate and gave answers to NCB questions. The Bajirao Mastani actress is being asked if she consumed drugs and from whom and where she procured them, and whether the drugs were procured for self use or for someone else. She will also be questioned if she still consumes drugs, who all were there at the Koko club in 2017 when she asked Karishma to bring drugs.
Besides Deepika, the NCB has also summoned Shraddha Kapoor and Sara Ali Khan for questioning later in the day. The NCB has also summoned Karishma for questioning on Saturday. She was questioned for several hours by the NCB on Friday.
The NCB has questioned actor Rakul Preet Singh, former Dharma Production executive producer Kshitij Prasad Ravi and Karishma. The NCB has also recorded the statements of Kwan Talent Management Agency CEO Dhruv Chitgopekar and noted producer Madhu Mantena Varna, and others.
The NCB registered a drugs case under the NDPS Act after the Enforcement Directorate was probing the money laundering charges in actor Sushant Singh Rajput death case. The NCB was shared the alleged chats of Sushant's girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty, her brother Showik and others. Rhea, Showik, Samuel Miranda and several others have been arrested in the case so far.
The NCB had prepared a list of questions to be asked to actress Deepika Padukone who is allegedly the adin of the WhatsApp group where drugs where being discussed. Here are the probable questions
1. Have you ever bought drugs?
2. When, where, from whom did you buy drugs?
3. Are you in the drugs chat that surfaced?
4. How did Karishma Prakash join you?
5. Have you asked Karishma to order drugs?
6. How many times Karisma was asked for drugs?
7. Paid for drugs, if yes, how?
8. Who attended the Coco restaurant party?
9. Who took drugs at Coco's party?
10. What was to happen at the pre drinks party before the Coco party?
11. Apart from Coco in the chat, Deepika was having a party plan on Wednesday, in which youngsters were talking about taking drugs
12. Do you know any peddler, who is Amit, Karishma referred to in the chat.
(WIith IANS inputs)