Days after walking out of the project, filmmaker Raghava Lawrence is back as director in Laxmmi Bomb. The director announced the news days after he told the media about his exit. He was all set to remake his 2011 hit film Kanchana but announced his departure from the project on Twitter. The reasons behind his exit were not unknown. However, going by his statement, it feels like Raghava wasn't respected enough as the director on the sets of Laxmmi Bomb. However, on Saturday Raghava Lawrence announced that he is back to direct the film since Akshay Kumar understands his feelings.
On Saturday, the director took to Twitter and thanked Akshay for "understanding" his feelings.
"As you wished I would like to let you know that I am back on board as a director of #LaxmmiBomb. A big thank you to Akshay Kumar sir for understanding my feelings and sorting all issues," he tweeted.
"Another thank you to my producer Shabinaa Khan for the same. Thanks to both for giving me respect. I am really happy to be part of the film again with Akshay sir. Thank you all," he added.
Lawrence had earlier said there were "multiple reasons" for his exit, one of them being the first look poster which was released without any discussions with him. Laxmmi Bomb's first look poster was dropped a couple of weeks ago which had Akshay Kumar in an outlandish avatar. Raghava Lawrence was offended as the producers released the posters without consulting him.
Laxmmi Bomb went on floors in Mumbai in April thsi year. The song Bismillah was short in the first schedule. Akshay Kumar is portraying the role of a fearful man who gets possessed by a transgender ghost. The character was earlier played by Raghava himself in the superhit Tamil franchise. Kiara Advani has been roped in to play the female lead opposite Akshay Kumar.