Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Tuesday slammed the Modi government at the Centre and said that her alliance with the Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh has become a nightmare for the saffron party. She was addressing media in the state capital Lucknow on the occasion of her 63rd birthday.
In Lucknow, to celebrate the occasion, massive preparations were underway. Big hoardings and blue (party colour) banners were erected near the streets and around the party headquarters and Mayawati's house.
She also released the 14th volume of her book 'A Travelogue of My Struggle Ridden Life and BSP movement" on Tuesday.
Important excerpts from Mayawati's press conference:
- Congress must take a lesson from the recent poll defeats of the BJP: Mayawati
- Keeping national interest in mind, BSP formed an alliance with SP: Mayawati
- BJP has divided God-Goddess into caste: Mayawati
- It was wrong to use CBI against Akhilesh Yadav: Mayawati
- LS win will be my birthday gift: Mayawati
- Attempts are being made to stop the Muslims from continuing their prayers (Namaz): Mayawati
- We have always worked for the poor and the down trodden. The government should give 100% farm loan waiver else farmer suicides will continue. A strong farm loan waiver policy should be made: Mayawati
- Now "jumlas" will be of no use for the BJP: Mayawati
- BSP-SP alliance has become a nightmare for the BJP: Mayawati
- It is time for BSP-SP party workers to forget their mutual rivalry: Mayawati
- People of the country will decide who will be the next PM: Mayawati
- BSP supremo Mayawati addresses media persons on her 63rd birthday
Catch all the latest news about Lok Sabha elections 2019 HERE
On Saturday, Mayawati and Akhilesh, in a joint press conference, announced that their respective parties have formed an alliance in Uttar Pradesh to contest the upcoming general elections. Both the parties have decided to contest on 38 seats each. However, they also informed that they will not field their candidates against Congress president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareli.
Both the parties also kept two seats for the smaller players in the state.
Government will unleash new set of ‘jumlas’ like quota for general category ahead of Lok Sabha polls: Ashok Chavan
Any talks of CPI(M)-Cong adjustment for Lok Sabha polls have to be initiated at state level: Yechury
Meanwhile, neglected Congress on Sunday announced that it will contest on all the 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh on its own in the upcoming national elections.
(With inputs from agencies)