Sixty-eight Assembly seats will on November 9 (Thursday) go to the polls in a single phase in the hilly state of Himachal Pradesh. Election officials said that everything was in place for a smooth conduct of the polling in 7,525 booths.
A total of 50.25 lakh electorate, including 19 lakh women and 14 transgenders, will exercise their franchise. Polling in the state will be held from 8 am to 5 pm and web-casting will be used in 2,307 polling stations for live monitoring of polling activities by the Election Commission.
Modi in Himachal: 'Congress and corruption can never separate from each other', says PM | Highlights
The vote count will be held on December 18 along with those of Gujarat.
A registered voter needs to carry voter slip when he/she visits the polling station to cast vote. The Election Commission has made all information available online. Here’s how you can check your name in the voter list and take a print out of the voter slip:
* Log on to the National Voter's Service Portal (NVSP) -- http://www.nvsp.in/
* Click on the ‘Search Your Name in Electoral Roll’
* A pop-up will open. Click on continue button to move forward
* A form will open. Fill all the details like name, age, gender, father’s/Husband’s name, state, district, constituency, etc.
* Once the process is over, you will have to fill the Captcha Text at the right hand side bottom of the page.
* After filing the ‘Captcha Text’, click on ‘Search’ button
* You details will be flashed at the bottom of the website.
* In case you do not find your name in the voter's list, you can click on the ‘Help’ option. The ‘Help’ button is visible at the top right hand side of the page.