New Delhi: Snapchat has canned its 'Best Friends' list feature and has replaced it with 'Friend Emojis' that is more private and only visible to the user. The company now offers a series of hearts, flames, and tiny yellow faces to show when you get a message from your best friend, your best friend's best friend, and others.
Here are the list of emojis and what they mean:
* Gold Heart – You're #1 Best Friends – The person you send snaps to most sends snaps to you most too
* Grimace/Grit Teeth – You Have A Mutual #1 Best Friend – The person you send snaps to most is also who this person sends snaps to most
* Smile – One Of Your Best Friends – This is one of the people you send snaps to most
* Sunglasses – You Have A Mutual Best Friend – One of the people you send snaps to most is also one of the people this person sends snaps to most
* Smirk – You're Their Best Friend But They're Not Yours – You're one of the people they send snaps to most, but they're not one of the people you send snaps to most
* Fire – You Two Are On A Snapstreak – You and this person have sent snaps back and forth for the number of consecutive days shown
Earlier, you or anyone with you in their contacts list could go to your Snapchat profile and view with whom you regularly shared your photos and videos. Also there was no way to turn this feature off.
And unlike the original "best friends" list, Snapchat's new emojis aren't public.
The new updated apps for iOS and Android have also received two more new features - a low-light camera mode and the Needs Love section.
Low-light camera mode allows users to turn on and off the low-light mode for the camera, and it appears as a crescent moon icon at the top when in a dark environment.
The "Needs Love" banner will get you snapping with acquaintances to turn your buddy into a BFF.
Friend Emojis and “Needs Love” could make people want to snap more and will make the app more smart.