Still struggling to bring back its days of glory, BlackBerry unveiled a second Android-based handset on Tuesday. The new BlackBerry DTEK50 will be releasing in limited markets, which includes US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Netherlands. The shipping of the device will begin from August 8 at a price of $299 (Rs. 20,000 Approx.). There is no official announcement about the India launch but we can expect the smartphone soon.
Last year, BlackBerry launched BlackBerry Priv as their first Android phone. The smartphone failed despite general positive reviews. This time, the company has come up with added features and claims that it is the world' most secure Android phone.
BlackBerry DTEK50 comes preloaded with a DTEK security application which monitors OS and apps and keeps users informed if their privacy is at risk. The app also notifies when someone is taking pictures or videos, or sending text message from your device without the senders’ knowledge.
BlackBerry has also added a new anti-smudge coating on the display. The company says that in its blog post that oily residue from fingers left on phone screens can be used to steal passwords and other sensitive information. To avoid this DTEK50 comes with an oleophobic coating that for avoiding oil smudges on the display.
BlackBerry DTEK50 specifications
- The BlackBerry DTEK50 features 5.2-inch full HD display.
- The smartphone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box.
- It comes with Qualcomm 617 octa-core processor along with 3GB of RAM.
- It device will have 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 2TB via the microSD card.
- It has 13-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front facing camera.
- The smartphone is powered by a 2,610 mAh battery.