New Delhi: Bitten by the WhatsApp bug? A question that needn’t be asked. In a fast-paced lifestyle with everybody running short of time, WhatsApp is actually the mobile application that has managed to keep people connected.
With over one billion downloads, WhatsApp is probably the most downloaded app ever. It has almost become mandatory to install this app as soon as one buys a new smartphone. Even if it doesn’t roll out new updates time to time, its unprecedented acceptance will remain unaffected. Such is the craze.
However, there’s actually much more to WhatsApp than people know.
Despite the craze, there are a few features in the app that have been left unexplored. We have accumulated a list of five such features. Learn them and you’ll be a messaging pro:
1- Send forwarded messages to all friends at one go
If you have been forwarding a joke to all your friends one by one, you are wasting a hell lot of time. WhatsApp has a feature that will enable you to send a message to all every friend at once.
* Go to ‘New broadcast’ and add those friends you want to send a text.
* After it is created, open and send your message.
* The only condition is those people should have your phone number saved.
2- Set chat background of your choice
It’s not necessary to have that boring design at the back of every chat. You can change the background as per your wish.
* Open any of the chat window and hit ‘Wallpaper’.
* Go to your Gallery and choose an image that you want to see at the back of your chats.
3- Open a WhatsApp chat window directly from your home screen
You don’t need to open WhatsApp and search your best friend in the list to send him/her a message. A chat shortcut can be created on your home screen and you can directly land on the chat window.
* Long press a contact and go to options (three vertical dots).
* Select ‘Add chat shortcut’.
* Go back to your home screen and you will see a icon with your friend’s name.
4- Recover deleted messages
Do not panic if you ever accidentally delete important messages. There’s a trick that can help you to get them back.
* Connect your mobile phone to PC via USB cable.
* Go to WhatsApp and open folder named whatsapp/Databases.
* Go to a file named msgstore-yyyy..dd..db.crypt that contains messages you sent and received in last 7 days.
* Open it with either notepad or wordpad and read the messages.
5- Mark any message as Starred to find it later
Do you scroll back up every time you want to read an earlier message? Well, you don’t need to as WhatsApp has a feature to make it easier for you.
* Long press a message and mark it as Starred.
* Now go back to your main WhatsApp window and go to options.
* Hit ‘Starred messages’ and you are good to go.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and give these tricks a try!