While public figures are not available, the previous record for a single game is believed to have been achieved during IPL last year, when around 14.8 lakh visitors watched video on April 23 when West Indian Chris Gayle scored a whirlwind 175 for Royal Challengers Bangalore (against Pune Warriors), said a media release.
The April 6 final also beat the audience figure (10.3 lakh visitors) for the retirement Test match of Sachin Tendulkar in November 2013, which marked the previous high point for starsports.com, the release said.
Overall, the website attracted more than 80.9 lakh users during the fortnight-long T20 tournament delivering over 2.24 crore visits.
“The consumer engagement on starsports.com is continuing to grow dramatically. A total of 101 million live minutes of video were consumed by users during the last four matches played by India in the tournament, with an average of more than 30 minutes per live view.
“Starsports.com offered live matches of ICC World Twenty20 as an ad-free subscription service on its advanced sports video player. In addition, starsports.com offered a free, 5-minute delayed service,” the release added.
From Our Network
- 'Airstrikes on Pak': Jammu Kashmir BJP asks centre to call off talks with Pakistan
- Liver transported through green corridor travels 210 km in 3.36 hours, saves life
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- NSG row: Indians are self-centered and low on morals, says Chinese state media
- ‘Just wanted to pass, Papa ne to top hi kara diya’, says arrested Bihar 'topper' Ruby Rai