Speaking to mediapersons here , Rane said, "had there been no Saheb (Bal Thackeray), I would have been nowhere. Saheb had no post for himself, yet he became world famous.
"The post given to me by Saheb was non-controversial. These were all Saheb's blessings. It is because of him that I am here today in Maharashtra."
Pressed by mediapersons further, Rane said, "Shiv Sena was my past, Congress is my future". He refused to take any more questions.
From Our Network
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- NSG standoff: Clouds of mistrust hovering over India-China relations
- Lalchand Rajput named Afghanistan head coach
- Mehbooba Mufti's victory endorsement of BJP-PDP alliance: BJP
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 artillery guns from US