Many religious leaders feel that religion and culture can be protected only under the leadership of Modi, he said while talking to reporters here.
“A major section of religious leaders in fact asked RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat to back Modi as BJP's prime ministerial candidate,” Vaghela said.
The Congress leader criticised Modi over Gujarat government's review petition in the Supreme Court on the issue of the appointment of Justice (retired) R A Mehta as the state Lokayukta. The apex court had upheld Gujarat Governor's action on the appointment of as lokayukta in the state.
“By filing the review petition in the Supreme Court,Modi wants to delay the appointment of Lokayukta in the state as he (Modi) fears he will have to face same music which was faced by former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa after the appointment of Lokayukta in Karnataka,” Vaghela said.
He expressed concern over drinking water shortage in Saurashtra, Kutch and North Gujarat and said an agitation would be launched on this issue.
Vaghela alleged that the Gujarat government had spent crores of rupees on Vibrant Gujarat Summits in the state which, he said, could have been spent for laying Narmada Canal network in Saurashtra, Kutch and North Gujarat.
He pointed out that there are 20 lakh unemployed people in the state.
From Our Network
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Inhuman! Woman, lover tied naked in public while mob clicks pictures
- It’s a girl: Dimpy Ganguly and husband Rohit Roy welcome their first born