Many religious leaders feel that religion and culture can be protected only under the leadership of Modi, he said while talking to reporters here.
“A major section of religious leaders in fact asked RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat to back Modi as BJP's prime ministerial candidate,” Vaghela said.
The Congress leader criticised Modi over Gujarat government's review petition in the Supreme Court on the issue of the appointment of Justice (retired) R A Mehta as the state Lokayukta. The apex court had upheld Gujarat Governor's action on the appointment of as lokayukta in the state.
“By filing the review petition in the Supreme Court,Modi wants to delay the appointment of Lokayukta in the state as he (Modi) fears he will have to face same music which was faced by former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa after the appointment of Lokayukta in Karnataka,” Vaghela said.
He expressed concern over drinking water shortage in Saurashtra, Kutch and North Gujarat and said an agitation would be launched on this issue.
Vaghela alleged that the Gujarat government had spent crores of rupees on Vibrant Gujarat Summits in the state which, he said, could have been spent for laying Narmada Canal network in Saurashtra, Kutch and North Gujarat.
He pointed out that there are 20 lakh unemployed people in the state.
From Our Network
- After photoshop fiasco, TMC in soup as BJP, Left threatens legal action
- If US, Iran can end hostilities, why not India, Pak: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arvind Kejriwal, Mamata Banerjee meet in Delhi ahead of Bihar polls
- Uttarakhand crisis: Nainital HC allows Speaker’s counsel to argue today in disqualification case
- BJP manipulated EVMs in Gujarat civic polls, says Congress
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special