In a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Gandhi said there is widespread concern that the suspended officer Durga Shakti Nagpal in the course of her public duties was seen to be standing up against vested interests engaging in illegal activity.
It is reported that Nagpal has been hastily suspended for unsubstantiated reasons, she said."We must ensure that the officer is not unfairly treated," she told the Prime Minister. Nagpal had shot into limelight by acting against the sand mafia in the state.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: RCB, Sunrisers to clash for maiden title win
- Members of Rs 100 crore club: These are the highest grossing Bollywood films till date
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome to join it: Iran
- Children climb 2,500 foot ladder to go to school, heartbreaking pics go viral