New Delhi: Narendra Modi, born on 17 september, 1950 to a family of grocers in Vadnagar, Mehsana district, is the 15th Prime Minister of India.
Modi is both an ‘enigma' and an ‘open book' for his supporters as well as his detractors.
Nobody can explain what exactly makes him so popular among hoi-polloi. At the same time, he is widely known as a person who wears his heart on his sleeves.
Even his opponents admire him for his bold and fearless stand on sensitive issues that can dent his carefully crafted image of a no-nonsense man.
No other Chief Minister in India evokes as much hatred as Narendra Modi but at the same time no other Chief Minister commands as much respect as Narendra Modi.
The hatred for Modi is community specific but he is admired across communities and his popularity transcends all barriers of caste, community and religion.
On his 65th birthday, let's have a look at some of the little known facts relating to Narendra Modi who is positioning himself as a serious contender for Indian polity's most sought after 'hot seat' in 2014 general elections:
From Our Network
- Cong knew where the Ganga was going: Parrikar on kickbacks in Agusta deal
- B'day Special: 10 facts to know about great Tamil icon C.N. Annadurai
- India does not support any one political group in Nepal: Ambassador Ranjit Rae
- PM Modi to visit Iran this month, aims to bolster bilateral ties
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- My name is Malaika Arora and I am not a ‘KHAN’: Arbaaz’s wife keen on dropping her surname
- Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary today (view pics)
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu
- A tour to professional tattoo and body piercing studio "Irezumi"