Col (retired) Ashfaq Hussain, who was a senior officer in the Pakistan Army's media arm, said Musharraf flew across the LoC on March 28, 1999 and travelled 11 km into the Indian side.
Musharraf, who was accompanied by Brig Masood Aslam, then commander of 80 Brigade, spent the night at a spot called Zikria Mustaqar, where Pakistani troops commanded by Col Amjad Shabbir were present.
Musharraf, who was then army chief, returned the next day. Hussain first made the revelation in his book 'Witness to Blunder: Kargil Story Unfolds', which was published in late 2008.
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Akshay Kumar talks on why Hollywood is difficult for actors than it is for actresses
- Rishi Kapoor gives epic reply to Congress supporters who named a Sulabh toilet after him
- Comedy Nights Bachao: Racist jokes on Lisa Haydon make Akshay Kumar angry
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt are shedding tears over the death of this popular character