The Chinese held northeastern part is known as Aksai Chin and Indian South West is known as Ladakh.
This is the area where Indian and Chinese armies fought major war in 1962.
The area is one of the least accessed areas in the world and by agreement the two countries do not patrol this part of the border.
According to many tourists, Buddhist monks and the local people of Ladakh, the Indian Army and the Chinese Military maintain the line of control. But there is something much more serious happening in this area.
From Our Network
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Did you know before ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’, Aishwarya and Ranbir worked together in a movie 17 years ago?
- NSG standoff: Clouds of mistrust hovering over India-China relations
- Shekhar Kapur's daughter makes singing debut, SRK and other B-town celebs tweet love to her
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain