The remodelled Gorakhpur Yard was completed on a war footing within the scheduled time.
Till now Kharagpur had the longest platform with its length of 1,074 metres. The platform in Gorakhpur is 1366.33 metres long.
With this achievement, the North Eastern Railway has also secured a place in the Limca Book of Indian Records. The certificate for the same would be issued soon.
The achievement of Gorakhpur station would also be incorporated in the Guinness Book of World Records.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- Just 1 movie crosses Rs 100 cr mark in 2016. Is Bollywood losing its charm?
- You have seen intriguing poster of ‘Dishoom’. Now, know the plot of this John Abraham-Varun Dhawan film
- Bipasha Basu’s sisters cried because of Karan Singh Grover at their wedding. Know why!
- 1,780 km rail lines commissioned, 6,000 km highways built in 2015-16