The remodelled Gorakhpur Yard was completed on a war footing within the scheduled time.
Till now Kharagpur had the longest platform with its length of 1,074 metres. The platform in Gorakhpur is 1366.33 metres long.
With this achievement, the North Eastern Railway has also secured a place in the Limca Book of Indian Records. The certificate for the same would be issued soon.
The achievement of Gorakhpur station would also be incorporated in the Guinness Book of World Records.
From Our Network
- Indian banks refusing to recognise full extent of bad loans, says Uday Kotak
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- Congratulations! Tusshar Kapoor becomes a ‘single’ father to an adorable baby boy
- iPhone 7 images leaked, show larger camera design
- Pakistan cannot conquer Kashmir through war, says Hina Rabbani Khar