Raja Rao Ram Baksh Singh was martyred in 1857 during a fight with British rulers during the sepoy mutiny.
On June 4, 1857 Nana Sahib's troops crushed the British army in Kanpur after which the British contingent reached Unnao.
British solders fled and hid in a temple of Buxar after Raja Rao Ram Singh challenged them. The Raja ordered to burn them alive inside the temple after they refused to come out.
Enraged over the incident, an angry General Hope Grant lured one of Raja's pupils Chandi and arrested him.
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- Akshay Kumar talks on why Hollywood is difficult for actors than it is for actresses
- Choppergate fallout: Govt scraps Rs 1,200 crore deal to procure Torpedoes for submarines
- Lovebirds Virat and Anushka spotted dining at Bangalore restaurant (see pics)