Speaking to ANI, the retired former Chief Justice said, "both the Home Secretary and Police Commissioner were laughing in the press conference following the India Gate protests. Someone in the establishment should have addressed the protesters. This is a shame on democracy."
Justice Verma said: "It was shocking to hear the Home Secretary say the police did a wonderful job. Lal Bahadur Shastri as Railway Minister in the past had resigned from his ministry taking responsibility for a train accident. Top people should have taken responsibility after the gangrape."
From Our Network
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: PM Modi on IPL row
- Work on border fencing on Indo-Bangla border to be completed
- Sourav Ganguly wasn't even present during my interview, says Ravi Shastri
- Militants ambush CRPF bus in Kashmir; eight soldiers martyred, 24 injured