Speaking to ANI, the retired former Chief Justice said, "both the Home Secretary and Police Commissioner were laughing in the press conference following the India Gate protests. Someone in the establishment should have addressed the protesters. This is a shame on democracy."
Justice Verma said: "It was shocking to hear the Home Secretary say the police did a wonderful job. Lal Bahadur Shastri as Railway Minister in the past had resigned from his ministry taking responsibility for a train accident. Top people should have taken responsibility after the gangrape."
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Now job reservations in private sector also ?
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special