Galwan Valley
-
'Complete disengagement between India, China at key flash point in Ladakh': Sources
India | Sep 14, 2022, 12:12 AM ISTIndia-China disengagement in Ladakh: The process, which started on September 8 after months of talks and 16 rounds of Corps Commander meetings, as per sources, entails both two sides moving back after their May 2020 friction.
-
KCR in Bihar: Telangana CM hands over financial aid to Galwan martyrs, families of migrant workers
India | Aug 31, 2022, 04:40 PM ISTKCR in Bihar: Telangana CM proposed visit assumes significance as his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar recently severed ties with the NDA and formed a government in that state with RJD, Congress, CPI-ML (L), CPI, CPI(M) and HAM under the 'Mahagathbandhan.'
-
Modi govt 8 years: When PM showed his soft, tough side to China with 'Jhoole Pe Charcha' and Galwan
India | May 25, 2022, 02:40 PM ISTIn 2020, the Modi government showed China that no one can take India's borders and jawans lightly during the Galwan faceoff and at the same time New Delhi has emphasised that the neighbouring country has been a 'important partner'
-
In talks with Chinese FM, Ajit Doval presses for complete disengagement in Ladakh
India | Mar 25, 2022, 02:28 PM ISTAjit Doval told Wang Yi that the continuation of the present situation in eastern Ladakh is not in mutual interest and there was need to ensure that actions do not violate the spirit of equal and mutual security.
-
Ladakh standoff: Modi govt's approach on territorial integrity unacceptable, says Owaisi
India | Mar 17, 2022, 11:10 AM ISTOwaisi's tweets came amidst reports that Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi could visit India later this month. Sources said that the two sides could announce an agreement to settle the territorial disputes.
-
Chinese FM Wang Yi likely to visit India this month, first since Ladakh face-off
India | Mar 17, 2022, 08:57 PM ISTThis would be the first visit by any senior Chinese leader since the 2020 face-off between the soldiers of the two countries in the Galwan Valley at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh.
-
America stands with India against Chinese intimidation: United States
World | Feb 04, 2022, 02:45 PM ISTResponding to a question on China's provocative move, State Dept spokesperson Ned Price told reporters at his daily news conference on Thursday that the US has previously voiced its concern over Beijing’s pattern of ongoing attempts to intimidate its neighbours.
-
'Shameful': US slams China for making Galwan soldier Winter Olympics torchbearer
World | Feb 03, 2022, 08:40 PM ISTQi Fabao, China's People's Liberation Army's regimental commander, who had suffered severe injuries during the Galwan clash, became the torchbearer at the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics Torch Relay on Wednesday.
-
Regrettable China chose to politicise Olympics: India on Beijing making Galwan soldier torchbearer
India | Feb 03, 2022, 06:24 PM ISTMEA said it is regrettable that China has decided to politicise Beijing Winter Olympics after making a Galwan soldier torchbearer.
-
Galwan valley clash: China's loss of soldiers 9-times more than official count, research reveals
India | Feb 03, 2022, 09:01 AM ISTThe Galwan Valley clash was the deadliest confrontation between India and China in over four decades. China's state media has almost entirely failed to cover the skirmish or its aftermath.
-
Indian Army unfurls national flag in Galwan valley on New Year
News | Jan 04, 2022, 04:20 PM ISTIndian Army unfurled the Tricolour in the Galwan valley, Ladakh on the occasion of New Year, sources in the security establishment said. The move comes amid reports in a section of media that claimed that Chinese soldiers had displayed their flag in the region a few days ago.
-
Indian Army unfurls national flag in Galwan valley on New Year
India | Jan 04, 2022, 03:46 PM ISTThe move comes amid reports in a section of media that claimed that Chinese soldiers had displayed their flag in the region a few days ago.
-
As 13th round of military talks fail, China starts war propaganda, forgets Galwan valley set back
India | Oct 12, 2021, 12:04 AM ISTThreatening India will lose a war if, at all one breaks over border disputes with China, Beijing seems to have probably forgotten how Indian soldiers killed their PLA troops without weapons in the Galwan Valley clash last year in Ladakh.
-
India's position on Galwan valley incident clear and consistent: MEA snaps back at China
India | Sep 25, 2021, 01:45 PM ISTMEA spokesperson Bagchi said that it was the provocative behaviour and unilateral attempts of the Chinese side to alter the status quo in contravention of all our bilateral agreements that resulted in serious disturbance of peace and tranquillity.
-
I-Day: 20 ITBP troops awarded Gallantry medals for bravely fighting Chinese PLA in Ladakh
India | Aug 14, 2021, 02:10 PM ISTTwenty-three Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel have been awarded the Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) on 75th Independence Day.
-
Muqabla | India-China relations, a year after Galwan
News | Jun 15, 2021, 07:20 PM ISTThe Galwan clash had sparked a war-like situation, however, the situation has significantly cooled down following 11 rounds of military-level talks between India and China.
-
Patiently waited for a year on Galwan Valley clash but no clarity: Sonia Gandhi
India | Jun 15, 2021, 04:00 PM ISTShe added that the Congress has repeatedly sought details of the episode in light of the PM's statement, as well as details of what progress has been made towards restoring the status quo ante prior to April 2020.
-
Army pays trubites to martyrs of Galwan Valley clash
India | Jun 15, 2021, 11:56 AM ISTThe Indian Army on Tuesday paid glowing tributes to its fallen soldiers at Galwan Valley on the first anniversary of their martyrdom.
-
Year after Galwan clash: Indian Army develops military infra, deploys around 60K troops
India | Jun 15, 2021, 09:26 AM ISTA year after the Galwan valley clash in eastern Ladakh, China is still sitting at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) while India has geared up for a long grind.
-
China jails blogger for defaming soldiers killed in Galwan clash
World | Jun 02, 2021, 08:52 AM ISTWhile the Indian Army quickly announced that 20 of its personnel were killed in the clash with Chinese soldiers on June 15 last year, the Chinese People's Liberation Army took some eight months to reveal that it had lost four of its military personnel and one officer was injured.