Patna: The BJP today again raked up the issue of a small ground being allotted for the rally by itsPrime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi at Muzaffarpur in Bihar on March three and said that it was fraught with risk.
”The Nitish Kumar government is trying to repeat the scene at Narendra Modi rally at Patna on October 27 last year which was rocked by serial blasts putting lives of people in danger,” senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi said.
He was speaking to reporters subsequent to his party members walking out of the Legislative Council after the government refused to intervene on the issue saying it was a matter for the Muzaffarpur district administration.
”We have nothing to do with it. Such decisions are taken by district administration taking different things into account,” Minister in-charge of Home Vijay Chaudhary said in the House.
Modi said “We do not want to put lives of people at risk by organising rally at that ground ... We will search for a separate venue for the rally.”