New Delhi: At the rally held in Bengalauru today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that he was raised among the poor so he understands farmers' pain. He took a jibe at opposition parties for opposing Land Bill and said that he is surprised at people who are pretending to fight for farmers' rights for political gains.
Addressing thousands of people, PM Modi said that the country has emerged out from its decade of despair and now an era of hope has set in.
"There was an atmosphere of disappointment for years. Open the papers, see the TV and you will see news of some scam or the other. You recall there used to be sense of disappointment, every day new scam, youth was disheartened," he said.
Here are the highlights of Modi's speech:
- There was an atmosphere of disappointment for years. Open the newspapers see the TV & you will see news of some scam or the other.
- The world had changed the way they saw India. It was as if India has lost the ability to script a new future, India has lost its way.
- For a decade this perception existed in the minds of people & across the world. In such circumstances people reposed their faith in BJP.
- The hopes with which you gave our team the opportunity to serve you, we will fulfil your hopes & aspirations. I assure you.
- From my 10 month experience I can tell you there is no reason why India must stay behind.
- Sometimes niyat (intention) is more powerful than niti (policy) - your niyat was not right, ours is right, so we are on the path of development.
- Despair has vanished, hope is here.
- When files come to me I see projects were stalled for years. I was surprised- what were they doing. We have taken quick decisions.
- Even after Supreme Court verdict (black Money) they (Congress) didn't want to form an SIT.
- As soon as we came to power, we formed SIT for Black money.
- When we would talk of coal during election time people mocked us, especially those in Government that time.
- From the smallest of things to the big issues we have immense faith in the people of India.
- The nation has seen a new Rail Budget, something very different from the past.
- There used to be running jokes on social media platforms on all kinds of scams "2G" "3G".
- We saw a dream of digital India.
- Lakhs of villages have got optical fibre in place now.
- We are giving importance to Digital India and are moving to mobile governance. Digital India enhances accountability.
- Opportunities of employment and entrepreneurship will increase with Digital India initiatives.
- We consider the States equal partners in India's progress. Irrespective of what party the State Government is, all are equal for us.
- India will not progress till the villages progress and the villages will not progress till the farmers progress.
- We have been unfair to farmers for the last 60 years.
- I have come from a humble background. I can understand the pain of people who come from poor backgrounds.
- I am surprised at people who are pretending to fight for farmers' rights for political gains.
- We want to work to reform land laws to give more benefits to the farmers so that they never have to look back.
- Our youth can become our Bhagya Vidhata. And that is why for them we have launched at Make in India.
- The currency notes prints, the paper, ink, should be made in India .
- Mangalyaan was done at the lowest cost possible.
- There was a fear 2 years ago, in 'BRICS', India was the weakest.
- People said India cannot survive, Today India is the strongest.