Prime Minister Narendra Modi today arrived in Karnataka to take part in various public functions. He landed at the Mangaluru airport from New Delhi and flew to Dharmasthala in Dakshina Kannada district in a helicopter.
The Prime Minister waved to crowds gathered at the entrance of the temple. He later offered prayers at the renowned Manjunatheshwara Temple in Dharmasthala, which is about 100 km away from the port city of Mangaluru.
On account of the Prime Minister's visit, the temple administration has restricted public entry up to 2 pm. The Dharmasthala temple is one of the renowned religious landmarks of south India, with a history of over 800 years.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi's day-long Karnatak visit:
* Implementation of GST was a collective decision of all parties. We are open to incorporate changes to make the system better: PM
* Gujarat was devastated by floods this year. But Congress leaders, instead of reaching out to people there, preferred coming to Bengaluru: PM
* When we're fighting corruption,Congress has become insensitive. When Gujarat was flooded, their ministers were sitting in Bengaluru: PM
* Rs 57,000 Cr from govt revenue which earlier went to the middlemen is now going directly to the rightful owner: PM Modi in Bidar
* We started direct benefit transfer scheme. This resulted in money reaching to its rightful owner. We successfully eliminated middlemen: PM
* I appreciate B.S. Yeddyurappa for his stand to complete the Bidar-Kalaburgi Rail line: PM Modi
* Had announced we'll bring electricity to 18000 houses in 1000 days. It's not 1000 days yet& 15000 houses have access to electricity: PM Modi
* Development projects stalled since the Congress rule are being completed now. Congress only believed in 'Atkana', Latkana' & 'Bhatkana': PM
The work which could have been done in 3 yrs took 20 yrs. It was stuck for several yrs: PM Modi on Bidar-Kalaburagi new Railway Line pic.twitter.com/o79vAbRkBX— ANI (@ANI) October 29, 2017
* PM Narendra Modi is speaking at a public meeting in Bidar.
Karnataka: PM Modi inaugurated Bidar-Kalaburagi new Railway Line in Bidar, flags off first train in the route. Railway Minister also present pic.twitter.com/cgY5SoIW3n— ANI (@ANI) October 29, 2017
* Bengaluru is the land of start ups. Youth here are innovative. Let's begin a start up to bring clean cooking to the doors of poor: PM
* PM Modi says "Congress leaders lending their voice to those who want Azadi in Kashmir, is an insult to our brave soldiers"
मान्यता है कि जब एक ही जगह पर, एकजुट होकर मंत्र का जाप किया जाए, तो ऊर्जा का ऐसा चक्र निर्मित होता है, जो मन-मंदिर, शरीर-आत्मा सभी को अपनी परिधि में ले लेता है। आधुनिक विज्ञान भी इससे इनकार नहीं करता।— PMO India (@PMOIndia) October 29, 2017
आज इस समय मैं इस अद्भुत पाठ से पूरे वातावरण में वही ऊर्जा महसूस कर रहा हूं: PM
* PM Modi addresses a gathering at the Dashamah Soundarya Lahari Parayanotsava Mahasarmapane
Kabhi lagta hai Congress ne sudharna nahi hai, aisa tay karliya hai Warna parajay se log seekhte hain,samajhte hain: PM Modi in #Bengaluru— ANI (@ANI) October 29, 2017
Lekin ek ke baad ek ghatnayein dekh raha hu, sun raha hun. Gairzimmevar vyavhar dekh raha hoon: PM Modi in #Bengaluru on Congress— ANI (@ANI) October 29, 2017
Lag raha tha ek ke baad ek parajay ke baad, Congress mein samajdaar log Congress ko sahi raaste par laane ka prayaas karenge: PM Modi pic.twitter.com/2Rn0RchDIu— ANI (@ANI) October 29, 2017
Poori duniya ne Doklam mein dekha, China kitna bhi shaktishaali kyun na ho, lekin dhairya ki kasauti pe Bharat khara utra hai: PM Modi pic.twitter.com/vUSLprElCD— ANI (@ANI) October 29, 2017
Congress besharmi ke saath us bhasha ka prayog de rahe hain, jo Kashmir ki dharti pr algavvadi karte hain,jo Pak mein bola jata hai?:PM Modi pic.twitter.com/b9GL8Tv8Lv— ANI (@ANI) October 29, 2017
* I urge people to use Bhim App and embrace cashless transactions. This is the era of honesty and integrity. There is no place for those who cheat the system: PM
* Every rupee, every resource from the Government of India is devoted for the welfare of Indians. We are ensuring the fruits of development reach the intended beneficiaries without any scope of corruption: PM
* I urge the farmers of Karnataka to embrace methods like drip irrigation that help conserve water: PM Modi
* I have seen how hard BS Yeddyurappa works for the welfare of farmers. Even when I was serving as Chief Minister, he would be talking to me about issues relating to farmers: Modi
* Conservation of water is a major challenge for us in this day and age. We also need to give importance towards living in harmony with nature and not think about short term gains: PM
* PM Modi refers to water crisis in Karnataka. He pitches for efficient use of every drop of water. "Per drop, more crop" should be our mantra
* Our saints and seers created as well as nurtured institutions which have helped society for centuries: PM
* This century is about skill development. A nation like India is youthful and hence, we must harness our demographic dividend: PM Modi
* I am happy that I got the opportunity to pray to Lord Manjunatha: PM Narendra Modi
Karnataka: Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a public meeting in Dharmasthala's Ujire pic.twitter.com/y9EbLvSCSs— ANI (@ANI) October 29, 2017
* PM Modi presents two Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account holders with RuPay cards and unveils the logo of Dharmasthala’s initiative, Mother Earth at Ujire.
* PM Modi reaches Ujire to attend a public programme.
* PM Narendra Modi witnesses the rudrabhisheka seva done for the deity. He also had the darshan of other deities, Annappa, Ganapathi and Padmavathi.
11.45am: Dharmadhikari D Veerendra Heggade receives PM Modi at Shri Manjunatha Swami Temple
* On account of the Prime Minister's visit, the temple administration has restricted public entry till 2 pm.
PM Modi arrives in Karnataka's Mangaluru, to offer prayers at Shri Manjunatha Swami Temple at Dharmasthala & address a public meeting pic.twitter.com/BCaM6yFFMa— ANI (@ANI) October 29, 2017