Electronic cigarettes are supposed to be the safer way to get your nicotine fix. However, an e-cigarette explosion at a mall in New Jersey left a woman's bag smoking as she stood at a checkout counter, scaring a worker and another shopper.
The whole incident was captured in a surveillance video.
The footage captured on Sunday shows a cloud of black smoke pour out of the purse and captured the surprise of those in a sunglasses store at the Freehold Raceway Mall, including a worker and the bag's owner, Mara McInerney.
McInerney can be seen then dumping its charred contents onto the floor. She says everything inside had either melted or burned.
McInerney says the battery of her e-cigarette had been in a pocket by itself and exploded.
(With inputs from AP)