Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday launched the physical distribution of Property Cards under the SVAMITVA Scheme, via video conferencing. The launch enables around one lakh property holders to download their property cards through the SMS link delivered on their mobile phones. This will be followed by physical distribution of the property cards by the respective state governments. Prime Minister also interacted with some of the beneficiaries during the event. Union Minister for Panchayati Raj was also present on the occasion.
11:47 AM: Today, the country has taken another major step towards AatmaNirbhar Bharat. The ownership plan is going to help a lot in making our brothers and sisters living in the village self-reliant, says PM Modi
11:45 AM: Now you have a right, a legal document to prove that your house is yours, you own it. This scheme is going to bring a historical change in the villages of our country, says PM Modi
11:42 AM: PM Modi congratulates the lakhs of people who have got the ownership letters or property cards of their homes, who have downloaded their cards
11:40 AM: I'm delighted that such great work is being done on a day that has historic importance. Today, is the birth anniversary of Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan and Nanaji Deshmukh: PM Modi at launch event of distribution of property cards under SVAMITVA scheme - PM Modi
11:35 AM: WATCH PM MODI LIVE
11:21 AM: Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches the physical distribution of Property Cards under the 'Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas' (SVAMITVA) scheme, through video conferencing.
11:10 AM: Prime Minister Narendra Modi takes part in the launch event of the physical distribution of Property Cards under the 'Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas' (SVAMITVA) scheme, through video conferencing.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The beneficiaries are from 763 villages across six states including 346 from Uttar Pradesh, 221 from Haryana, 100 from Maharashtra, 44 from Madhya Pradesh, 50 from Uttarakhand and 2 from Karnataka. Beneficiaries from all these states except Maharashtra will receive the physical copies of the Property Cards within one day - Maharashtra has a system of recovering the nominal cost of Property Card, so it will take a month’s time.
- The move will pave the way for using property as a financial asset by villagers for taking loans and other financial benefits. Also, this is the first time ever that such a large-scale exercise involving the most modern means of technology is being carried out to benefit millions of rural property owners.
- SVAMITVA is a Central Sector Scheme of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, which was launched by the Prime Minister on National Panchayati Raj Day, 24th April 2020.The scheme aims to provide the ‘record of rights’ to village household owners in rural areas and issue Property Cards.
- The Scheme is being implemented across the country in a phased manner over a period of four years (2020-2024) and would eventually cover around 6.62 lakh villages of the country. About 1 lakh villages in the States of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Karnataka, and few border villages of Punjab & Rajasthan, along with establishment of Continuous Operating System (CORS) stations’ network across Punjab & Rajasthan, are being covered in the Pilot phase (2020-21).
- All these six States have signed MoU with Survey of India for drone survey of rural areas and implementation of the scheme. These States have finalised the digital property card format and the villages to be covered for drone-based survey. States of Punjab and Rajasthan have signed MoU with Survey of India for establishment of CORS network to assist in future drone flying activities.
- Different States have different nomenclature for the Property Cards viz. ‘Title deed’ in Haryana, ‘Rural Property Ownership Records (RPOR)’ in Karnataka, ‘Adhikar Abhilekh’ in Madhya Pradesh, ‘Sannad’ in Maharashtra, ‘Svamitva Abhilekh’ in Uttarakhand, ‘Gharauni’ in Uttar Pradesh.