ye-public-hai-sab-jaanti-hai
  1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. India
  4. Major fire breaks out at Chandigarh's PGI

Major fire breaks out at Chandigarh's PGI

A major fire broke out in Chandigarh's Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in the wee hours on Monday. Fire- fighters were rushed to the spot.

India TV News Desk Edited by: India TV News Desk
New Delhi Updated on: January 27, 2020 11:38 IST
Chandigarh, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, PGIMER

Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh -- Representational image

A major fire broke out on the top floor of a building of the prestigious Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in the wee hours of Monday, triggering panic among patients. However, there was no loss of life. The fire was brought under control.

It broke out in the morning in a kitchen in the D block of Nehru Building. The top floor has surgical wards, private rooms and an operation theatre. Short circuit is believed to have caused the fire.

Some LPG cylinders in the kitchen caught fire and blasts were also heard, eyewitnesses said.

Latest India News

Write a comment