Jodhpur: A shocking incident has come to light from Jodhpur, where authorities at Mathuradas Mathur Hospital doesn't check out the labels of vaccines before injecting them into patients body.
According to the reports patients here were administered veterinary injections of Meropenem antibiotic for three days despite the vials clearly stating that these were not meant for human use.
The blunder was revealed when a patient's attendant read the label saying "NOT FOR HUMAN USE, FOR ANIMAL TREATMENT".
Immediately, the matter sparked a massive outrage in the hospital wards.
Hospital authorities immediately stopped the distribution of the injection from all the counters in the hospital and suspended a junior physician for this negligence at work.
Superintendent of Mathura Das Mathur Hospital, Deepak Verma told reporters that the matter was referred to the drug controller and drug officer of Pali district Manish Gupta. An inquiry has been ordered into the purchase of the injection vials.
He also informed that the drug was the drug was manufactured by Pushkar Pharma under the brand name 'Pepenam' and the hospital received the delivery of 1,000 one-gram vials (Meropenem injections) from Agrawal Traders.