New Delhi: Want to lose weight, but can't get away from your favourite dishes?
Try out Ayurvedic cookbook author Gita Ramesh's recipes that can satiate your taste buds without affecting your figure.
The recipes advised by Ramesh are purely Ayurvedic and have no harmful effects on body too, said a statement.
- Tomatoes ripe out: Six to eight
- Onion: One
- Small green chilli: One
- Garlic cloves: Two
- Cinnamon: One stick
- Oil: One tablespoon
- Curry leaves: Four- five
- Peppercorns: One fourth tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the tomatoes with the roughly chopped onion, green chilli, garlic, cinnamon stick and two cups of water till two whistles. Remove and keep aside to cool. When cool, blend the mixture in a blender. Remove and strain.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan; add the finely chopped onion and fry till golden broen. Add the curry leaves and pour in the tomato soup.
- Serve hot seasoned with crushed black pepper and salt.