Enjoying the rainy season? But don’t forget to take care of your health. Rain means fun but infections as well. The humid climate encourages infective microorganisms to thrive. To avoid infections like conjunctivitis, sties, dry eyes and corneal ulcers, take care of your hygiene properly. Use clean towels to wipe yourself and don’t put your dirty hands in your eyes, say experts. Uma Singh, Medical Consultant at Ozone Group, Gowri Kulkarni, Head of Medical Operations, DocsApp and Shailja Mittal, Creative Head at Zapyle, have listed ways to avoid eye problems:
- Most of the eye diseases are transmitted through hand-to-eye contact. Use a sanitizer where you’re not able to wash your hands. If possible wash your hands to reduce infection.
- Don’t rub your eyes with your hands. This increases the chances of infection. Use a paper towel to wipe off the discharge.
- Avoid getting wet in rain. Use an umbrella or any other adequate rain gear.
- Be careful of dirty water, much and dampness during the rainy season.
- In case of infection, don’t use contact lenses.
- Don’t use expired makeup products around your eyes. Don’t share your makeup brushes and products with anyone else.
- Items like handkerchief, towel, sunglasses, kohl, contact lenses, etc are not meant to be shared. They can be a medium to spread serious infections.
For more Lifestlye news click here