We Indians can be weird, proud, fun, crazy, annoying, sophisticated and caring all at the same time.
We are usually pretty sane people, but there are times when we go all bonkers and end up doing or saying things without caring much about what people are gonna think or even worse, embarrassing ourselves.
Basically, there are things that only WE can pull off, like demanding extra ketchup at Mc Donald's, flaunting ‘branded' stuffs (read fake), seriously, we can get too personal or be shameless like that!
At the end of the day, we are simple harmless people! Read through and you will know what we are talking about.
1. We will start with the most common and favourite - adjusting our undies in public. Strangely, most Indians get some solace in doing this.
2. Next comes the epic treasure hunt. We Indians can some spend quality time in finding some treasure up our nose. Might sound ewwwwwww! but this one's totally true. Every time you step out, you will find atleast 1 in 5 people doing this.
3. Staring at literally everyone – be it kids, uncles, aunties, fellow Indians from other states or foreigners. You can keep staring on and on and on. With no motive whatsoever, we just love doing this.
4. Thoda adjust kar lo. Woahh! This one's like you get an extra life while playing Candy Crush every time you say this! This can be trying to butt in anywhere where there is the slightest possibility of something called space.
5. Khulle Nai Hai: This is like the autowallahs, shopkeepers' and subziwallahs patent! They never ever have khulle (change) for you! It's YOUR fault if you ain't carrying change. Every freakin time!
6. Incessant bragging about your ‘possessions' (read bags, cars, iPhones, property, clothes and the list is endless). Even if you aren't in a mood to buy any of it, it will be rubbed on your face anywhere - a conversation over drinks, a casual phone call or a harmless mention about the TV you are planning to buy. The world ought to know what we Indians own!
7. Stamping your temporary love on all possible historical monuments and letting the whole world know about it. And by the way, even trees are not spared! (typical Rahul loves Sonia, Poonam, Tum Meri Ho)
8. Asking us about the salary we get or the marks we scored is almost equal to a criminal offence. So your 50% become 70% and your 25k miraculously turns into 40K. We Indians are secretive like that.
9. We Indian can be overtly ambitious. Constant comparisons with Sharmaji ka beta, Vermaji ki beti, Bitto, Monty etc. We Indians are constantly competing with everyone possible. Something like what happens in 3 Idiots when Boman Irani is riding a cycle and his peon dares to overtake him. And we all know what happens next.
10. We Indians love torturing the younger generation. India is a country where age is a big deal, just because some are born before others, gives the formers a right to show their superiority over the latter. Be it while standing in a queue or asking someone for a seat in a public transport or to end any confrontation Umar ka to lihaaz kar lo is a common dialogue.