New Delhi: Grand Theft Auto V, an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games, has broken seven records including the record for fastest-selling video game franchise and fastest-selling entertainment franchise.
Take-Two Interactive, which owns Rockstar Games, revealed the game sold $US800 million in its first day and reached the $US1 billion mark in three days.
Below is a list of the seven records now officially held by Grand Theft Auto V:
- Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours
- Best-selling video game in 24 hours
- Fastest entertainment property to gross $US1 billion
- Fastest video game to gross $US1 billion
- Highest grossing video game in 24 hours
- Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
- Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game
"Gaming is no longer a niche hobby, as GTA V has proved, and how exciting that it's taken on the might of Hollywood and won," said Craig Glenday, editor in chief of Guinness World Records.