Xiaomi’s new smartphones Redmi 4 and Redmi 4A are all set for their official launch in China today. According to the media reports, the phone will be launched at a gala event to be hosted by Xiaomi’s CEO and co-founder Lei Jun.
- Xiaomi Redmi 4 will feature a 5-inch full HD LCD display while Redmi 4A is expected to sport a 5-inch display with lower 720p display
- Xiaomi Redmi 4 is expected to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 625 processor, the same processor found under the hood of Asus' latest Zenfone 3 series
- Xiaomi Redmi 4 is expected to come with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A, on the other hand, is likely to powered by a slower Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage
- Xiaomi Redmi 4 and Redmi 4A are expected to feature 13MP main camera and a 5MP front camera
- The Redmi 4 is also likely to feature 4,100mAh battery
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A is likely to feature a smaller 3,030mAh battery
- The device is expected to be priced around CNY 1,299 in China which roughly translates to Rs 12,870
- Both phones will have the latest MIUI 8 version on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Xiaomi will be getting the device to India as well, though the company has not commented on the precise launch date of the device in India.