"The government goes on increasing the price but they do not increase amenities and safety of the railways. It is absolutely unacceptable and atrocious," said Prakash Javedekar, BJP spokesperson.
"The fare hike once in ten years is not the issue. A hike is justified only if services are bettered. Users are ready to pay for good services. Start providing safety, better amenities and services... people are ready to pay," Javedekar told a news channel here.
Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said the train fares have been hiked, and the hike will take effect Jan 21 midnight.
Bansal said there would be no fare increase when the annual rail budget is presented in February.
From Our Network
- Arijit Singh’s fears come true, his song in Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ dropped and here’s proof
- Delhi: 8-yr-old rape victim pretended to be dead to escape her rapist
- Robert Vadra's golden words "Are You Serious" turn him into Twitter joke!
- Hafiz Saeed slams China after President Xi Jingping asks his people to shun Islam
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent