The Committee on Science, Space and Technology, chaired by Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), will meet for a hearing called “Astrobiology: Search for Biosignatures in our Solar System and Beyond” for two hours today to “investigate what methods are being used to determine if any of these planets may harbor life,” according to the hearing charter.
In 2009, Smith accused scientists of advancing false claims of man-made global warming.
According to the reports Republicans on the Science Committee believes the possibility of alien life on other planets,but smith oppose it.
Today's hearing appears to be a serious effort to educate Congress, and includes an expert from NASA.
From Our Network
- Army Captain sues Barack Obama over war against Islamic State
- London likely to get first Muslim mayor, opponent plays Modi card
- 8 things to consider before wearing a birthstone!
- Upset over false promises, residents of Gaur City to protest against Gaursons tomorrow
- Rajya Sabha MPs seek stringent laws to check food adulteration
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- Shahid Kapoor’s ‘Udta Punjab’ has already defeated Salman Khan’s PRDP in this department
- Sarabjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur wants Randeep Hooda to give her 'kandha' when she dies
- OMG! Is Brad Pitt cheating on 35-kgs weighing Angelina Jolie?
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?