The Committee on Science, Space and Technology, chaired by Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), will meet for a hearing called “Astrobiology: Search for Biosignatures in our Solar System and Beyond” for two hours today to “investigate what methods are being used to determine if any of these planets may harbor life,” according to the hearing charter.
In 2009, Smith accused scientists of advancing false claims of man-made global warming.
According to the reports Republicans on the Science Committee believes the possibility of alien life on other planets,but smith oppose it.
Today's hearing appears to be a serious effort to educate Congress, and includes an expert from NASA.
From Our Network
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: PM Modi on IPL row
- Work on border fencing on Indo-Bangla border to be completed
- Sourav Ganguly wasn't even present during my interview, says Ravi Shastri
- Militants ambush CRPF bus in Kashmir; eight soldiers martyred, 24 injured