The Committee on Science, Space and Technology, chaired by Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), will meet for a hearing called “Astrobiology: Search for Biosignatures in our Solar System and Beyond” for two hours today to “investigate what methods are being used to determine if any of these planets may harbor life,” according to the hearing charter.
In 2009, Smith accused scientists of advancing false claims of man-made global warming.
According to the reports Republicans on the Science Committee believes the possibility of alien life on other planets,but smith oppose it.
Today's hearing appears to be a serious effort to educate Congress, and includes an expert from NASA.
From Our Network
- ‘A Wednesday’ stars Naseeruddin Shah, Anupam Kher train guns on each other over Kashmiri Pandits
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- “I take full responsibility of 'Brahmotsavam' failure,” says Mahesh Babu
- Puducherry violence: Things won’t be easy for new CM Narayansamy
- What? Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has replaced Arijit Singh for Salman Khan’s Sultan?