Apart from razing down the pre-partition Shri Rama Pir Mandir, the private builder also demolished four houses located next to it. Nearly 40 people became homeless as a result.
“They destroyed our mandir and humiliated our gods,” said an angry Prakash, pointing towards the huge debris of concrete, stones and walls of the temple.
The demolishing team did place the statues of four Hindu deities on the side but the residents accused them of taking away their gold jewellery and crowns.
From Our Network
- Kerala horror: 30-yr-old Dalit woman raped and killed, intestines pulled out
- Donald Trump promises to release jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Talaq delivered through Skype, WhatsApp and others means valid: AIMPLB
- NIT students demand permanent deployment of CRPF in campus
- 12 amazing facts about Apple's new 'spaceship' campus
- See: Salman Khan shares adorable picture of ‘Nanha Ahil’ with ‘Salma Nani’
- BJP links Rahul Gandhi’s aide to AgustaWestland scam, demands probe
- Congress accuses PM Modi of doctoring date of birth, education info
- Watch Video: Lalu Yadav’s son Tej Pratap tries hands in acting, becomes CM