Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday released Vice President Venkaiah Naidu's book “Moving On… Moving Forward: A Year in Office”. On the occasion, former PM Manmohan Singh was also present.
While addressing a gathering here, PM Modi said, Naidu “always provides visionary leadership”.
“Shri Venkaiah Naidu always provides visionary leadership whenever he gets a responsibility. He gets the best experts to ensure justice is done to the work assigned,” PM said.
Here are other important excerpts from PM Modi’s speech:
- I have had the opportunity to work with Venkaiah Naiduji for several years. He emphasised on 'Karyabhaar' more than everything else: PM
- Whichever duty he had, he performed with utmost diligence and adapted into that role with ease. Venkaiah Naidu has been in public life for 50 years- 10 years in student politics and 40 years in state as well as national politics: PM
- Shri Venkaiah Naidu has the ability to endear himself to people across all sections. He is also a disciplinarian: PM
- Atalji wanted to give Venkaiah Naiduji a ministry. Venkaiahji said- I want to be the Minister for Rural Development. Venkaiahji is a farmer at heart. He is passionate about the welfare of farmers and agriculture: PM
- The Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana came into being due to the efforts of Venkaiah Naiduji. In a time when political discourse was centred around train stoppages only, he ensured that leaders began to think more about roads and other forms of connectivity: PM
- We all know that Venkaiah Naiduji has a way with words. He is a wonderful speaker, be it in English or Telugu: PM
- It is commendable that Venkaiah Naiduji has presented a report card of sorts about his first year in office, containing the rich work he has done both inside and outside Parliament: PM
WATCH VIDEO: Atalji wanted to give Venkaiah Naidu a ministry: PM Modi on VP's book launch