New Delhi: Owning a pet is like having a small child at home. No matter how many times you remove those urine stains or spend time keeping the house clean and organised, your furry friend always finds a way to mess it up. Regularly brush your pet to avoid shedding hair all over the house, says an expert.
Here are some tips by Samrat Goyal and Ishan Baisoya, co-founders of Broomberg.in, a new company offering high-tech cleaning service:
* Pet hair: One way to stop your pet from shedding hair all over the house is to regularly brush your pet's fur. This way, most of the loose hair ends up in the dustbin. Use damp rubber gloves or a sponge to pick up the hair; you will be surprised how the glove or sponge attracts hair like a magnet. You can also use an electrostatic or microfiber dry mop to clean up. Do not use a vacuum cleaner as the hair may end up clogging the motor.
* Stain and odour removal: It's important to clean and deodorise stool or urine stains. Such stains eventually fade away but the germs remain and can cause health issues. You can clean up such spots by using some homemade cleaning products.
* Vinegar and baking soda spray: Vinegar is nature's miracle cleaning agent. It can remove almost every type of stain from any surface. Baking soda is a natural deodorant. Take equal proportions of white vinegar and water and add four spoons of baking soda to it. Fill this solution in a spray bottle. Now spray on the stained surface and rub with a piece of clean cloth.
* Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda: Cover the stain with a cloth and sprinkle a handful of baking powder over it. Now mix half a cup of hydrogen peroxide and one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and pour it over the cloth. Leave this for 15 to 20 minutes. Now scrub the stain slowly and later vacuum the surface thoroughly.
* Citrus enzyme cleaner: This is a simple mixture of lemon and orange peel.
You will need:
* Seven tablespoons of brown sugar
* One and a half cups of lemon and orange peels/scraps
* One litre water
Fill this mixture in a clear container which is not air tight and keep it away. After three months, you will have your home made natural stain cleaner. Generally pets love to lick surfaces in the house. Using toxic cleaners can be hazardous for your pet.