As voting is underway for the sixth and penultimate phase of Lok Sabha elections, here are some interesting facts:
- 59 Lok Sabha constituencies across 7 states headed to polls.
- Over 10.17 crore voters to decide the fate of 979 candidates.
- Over 1.13 lakh polling stations in place for smooth conduct of polls.
- In the last five phases, 424 out of 543 seats have already gone to polls.
- Percentage-wise, 78 per cent seats have undergone the electoral exercise till the fifth phase.
(Source: Election Commission)