He shared the news through his post on Facebook.
"You guys will know about it sooner rather than later...so you might as well hear it from the horse's mouth. I am going to be a father. Supriya and I are overjoyed," he wrote on the social networking site.
"I hope all of you will share our happiness on what I believe is truly going to be the most momentous occasion of our lives. So yes...I'm counting down to the biggest release I will ever have," said the 31-year-old actor.
Prithviraj and Mumbai-based journalist Supriya got married in 2011.
Son of late actor Sukumaran, Prithviraj made his debut in 2001 with director Renjith's "Nandanam" and his major films include "Swapnakoodu", "Classmates", "Vargam", "Vaasthavam", "Veettilekkulla Vazhi", and "Ayalum Njanum Thammil".
Prithviraj also worked in Hindi films "Aiyyaa" and "Aurangzeb".
From Our Network
- Amitabh Bachchan requests Kangana Ranaut to recommend his name in her next movie?
- Bajirao Mastani: Top 10 dialogues which will give you goosebumps
- Kangana finally gets support from another actress: Vidya Balan lauds her for standing up for herself
- Khloe Kardashian wanted baby to 'fix' her marriage
- Johnny Lever praises Randeep Hooda, says eager to watch his brilliant acting in 'Sarbjit'
- Raees Vs Kabil: Rakesh Roshan REACTS to Hrithik-SRK’s box-office clash!
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Will file witness list in National Herald case: Swamy to Delhi court
- AgustaWestland scam: How did Swamy get 'sensitive' documents, asks Congress
- West Bengal polls over, Mamata confident but high voter turnout gives hope to Congress-left alliance