He shared the news through his post on Facebook.
"You guys will know about it sooner rather than later...so you might as well hear it from the horse's mouth. I am going to be a father. Supriya and I are overjoyed," he wrote on the social networking site.
"I hope all of you will share our happiness on what I believe is truly going to be the most momentous occasion of our lives. So yes...I'm counting down to the biggest release I will ever have," said the 31-year-old actor.
Prithviraj and Mumbai-based journalist Supriya got married in 2011.
Son of late actor Sukumaran, Prithviraj made his debut in 2001 with director Renjith's "Nandanam" and his major films include "Swapnakoodu", "Classmates", "Vargam", "Vaasthavam", "Veettilekkulla Vazhi", and "Ayalum Njanum Thammil".
Prithviraj also worked in Hindi films "Aiyyaa" and "Aurangzeb".
From Our Network
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra giving us all reasons to de-dress
- Wondering whether Modi govt deserves 'outstanding' Raghuram Rajan, says P Chidambaram
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao' way towards women empowerment: Big B