"DZire is proving us right. We had perceived five years ago the demand for compact sedan would be strong enough with customers propelling it in their pursuit to upgrade to bigger cars, which led to the creation of this new car that has emerged as such a strong product," Maruti Suzuki COO (marketing & sales) Mayank Pareek recently said.
Experts says what attracts most about Maruti Dzire is that it offers value for money with loads of emotions and performance. Maruti has always been about basic, value-for-money cars which are often boring but practical and appealed to millions of aspiring Indians looking for their first cars.
The DZire, which falls under the compact sedan category, also belongs to the fastest-growing passenger car segment with sales rising by 21 per cent in the last fiscal to 2.26 lakh units even as the car market as a whole shrunk 7 per cent.
The DZire was first launched in 2008 on the Swift hatchback platform with an added boot and a wee bit of extra rear passenger space. A Maruti sedan with a diesel engine at a competitive pricing was a sure recipe for success. It became evident when the sales figures of the model took a steep jump when the company launched the second generation of the DZire in 2012. Maruti-Suzuki's shortening of the DZire's length from 4.2 metre to just-below-4-metre helped it to gain a footing in the 12 per cent excise bracket, thus ensuring a lower price tag. New Maruti Swift Dzire is codenamed as Swift 3.99 as the length of this new car is less than 4 meter.
New Maruti Swift Dzire is packed with the same engine as Maruti Swift hatchback as it is based on new Swift's platform. The car is available in both petrol and diesel variants. In total there are 4 petrol and 3 diesel variants namely LXi, VXi, VXi AT, ZXi, LDi, VDi and ZDi.
Let us take a look at some top 10 desirable features of Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire.
The build quality of Swift Dzire is just like other Maruti cars. The sheet metal, interior plastics and the overall build is relatively light, but gives no feeling of cheapness. The Swift DZire offers perfect balance of style and substance. It offers a body coloured bumper, high mounted stop lamp, front fog lamp, rear fog lamp, and green tinted glass. The boot space meets the rear fluently and gives a classy finish to the car. Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire is sold in the colours like: Clear Beige, Arctic White, Pacific Blue, Bright Red, Midnight Black, Glistening Grey and Silky Silver in India.
From Our Network
- The current status and future prospects of affordable housing in India
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Facebook rolls out ‘Hindi Transliteration’ feature to let users type in Devanagari
- Sonia, Rahul, Manmohan released after brief detention by Delhi Police
- Modi govt cracks whip on non-performing babus, 33 tax officers shown the door
- ‘It’s time to Move On!’, says Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik, Adhyayan controversies
- What lies behind student unrest in NIT Srinagar? Here is all you need to know!
- Allan Donald quits as South Africa bowling coach