How to look glamorous this Karva Chauth (view pics)New Delhi: Karva Chauth is one festival that every married woman looks forward to. From choosing the best of garment to applying the perfect make-up, they strive for perfection. Expert doles out tips how to
New Delhi: Karva Chauth is one festival that every married woman looks forward to. From choosing the best of garment to applying the perfect make-up, they strive for perfection. Expert doles out tips how to glam up their looks.
Make-up artist Samaanta Dwivedi shares few tips on how one can make their Karva Chauth stunning and memorable.
* Stick to the classics or don't: Red has always been believed to be the colour of a married woman. Also, red is a classic when it comes to Indian festivals.
When you pick your sari or salwaar suit, keep it a shade of red that you adore and feel comfortable carrying.
But feel free to experiment with the drapes,cuts and embellishments to give this look your own unique touch.
If you don't want to get lost in a crowd but intend to stand out, choose from shades of pink, mauve, gold or any colour that looks rich and grand.
* Create the perfect base: Remember, Karva Chauth is all about looking elegant without having done much. So start with a base that is the colour of your skin tone and blend evenly to keep your skin looking flawless.
Use a concealer (only on areas required and not all over the face) for your under-eye circles and blemishes. If you skin leans towards the oilier side, pat on some compact powder.
* Use bright lipsticks: Go for a deep, luscious and glossy red lipstick if you are wearing an outfit in shades of red, gold or green.
If you choose to wear outfits in shades of pink, purple and blue, apply a gorgeous shade of pink on the lips!
* Keep your eye make-up simple: With a mouth so bold and heavy, you should stay away from doing eye makeup which will also scream for attention.
Opt for simple gold eye shadow instead of deep and smudged smokey eyes. Liner is a must, of course, but load on some mascara for that doe-eyed effect.
* Add some blush: A whole day of fasting, not to mention the hassle of planning the event can leave you lacking a little colour.
Pick a shade of blush that works best with your skin tone and brush some on in upward strokes to give that pleasant glowing touch to your skin.
* Accessorise: Karva Chauth is the best time to bring out your maang tikas, bangles and earrings. One of the most impressive looks is staying away from wearing any necklace other than the ornate mangal sutra, paired with huge, statement earrings to set it off.
* Pick a hairstyle that's quick and easy to maintain: Something like a bun will work the best, especially with some gajra to add a traditional twist.
A bun keeps your hair out of your face but still looks pretty and elegant when done correctly. If you think that's a bit old fashioned for you, then try pulling the hair of your crown back in a clip and letting the rest flow onto your shoulders.