Chandigarh, Jun 28 : Kindhar Singh, a 55-year-old cancer patient, was on Monday night burnt alive after an oxygen cylinder burst into flames in the ICU of PGIMER hospital here, police said.
The incident occurred around 11:35 PM when doctors were trying to give him mild electric shock to get his heartbeat back. The patient was on ventilator and was hospitalised there for a month.
Deceased's family allege that this all happened because of the doctors' negligence because the mild electric shock machine that doctors used was worn out.
The deceased hails from Doraha in Punjab's Ludhiana district.