Terror attack at London's Parsons Green Station: What we know so farThe incident comes as tensions are high in London, which has been struck repeatedly by extremist attacks this year.
An explosion on a London tube's Parsons Green Station today left several commuters injured. Police have declared explosion on subway a terrorist incident.
Police say no one has been arrested in connection with a bombing on a London subway train, but hundreds of detectives are at work trying to hunt down the perpetrator or perpetrators.
The incident comes as tensions are high in London, which has been struck repeatedly by extremist attacks this year.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1. Several people are said to have suffered facial burns after a reported blast in a bucket towards the rear of the District Line train.
2. A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Police were called at approximately 08:20hrs on Friday, September 15 to Parsons Green Underground Station following reports of an incident on a tube train.
3. Transport for London (TfL) said the District Line was partially suspended because of a "security alert", the Independent reported.
4. London's Metropolitan Police and ambulance services confirmed "an incident" at the Parsons Green subway station in the southwest of the capital. The underground operator said services have been cut along the line.
5. commuters reportedly were trampled and suffered crush injuries in the rush to escape.
6. London ambulance services said they had sent multiple crews to the Parsons Green station, and police advised people to avoid the area in southwest London.
7. Eyewitnesses from shops outside the station have reported seeing people with facial injuries. Many have been told to stay in lockdown until the police gives an all clear.
8. British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said people should "keep calm and go about their normal lives" as emergency services respond to an incident at a London subway station.
9. Photos taken inside a District Line train show a white plastic bucket inside a supermarket shopping bag.
10. A picture posted on social media appeared to show a bag that "exploded".