#DUadmissions: Important points to keep in mind while filling the OMR formThe admission season in Delhi University is at its peak now as the offline registration in DU has kick-started today.DU has facilitated the students with 8 centres and the students are allowed to take and
The admission season in Delhi University is at its peak now as the offline registration in DU has kick-started today.
DU has facilitated the students with 8 centres and the students are allowed to take and submit form from any of the centres as per their convenience.
The centres are- Aatmaram Sanatan Dharm College, Dyal Singh College, Gargi College, Maharaja Agrasen College, PGDAV College, Rajdhani College, Shyamlal College and SGTB Khalsa College.
While the last date for both online and offline registration is 15th June, 2015, here are some quick tips one should keep in mind while filling the centralised OMR form for DU:
1. Fill just one OMR form to avoid any confusion. Don't be in a hurry to fill up the form.
2. Make sure you fill the form using a black or a blue ball pen.
3. Fill the circles in the form properly and also double check while writing the marks and board of class XIIth.
4. One you are done with filling the form, take a photocopy of both sides of the form. You'll get a receiving on the photocopy when you'll submit the form.
5. No document is supposed to be attached with the OMR form.
6. Since there is no such column of student's signature in the form, so parents of the appearing students can also fill the form.
7. No photo needs to be attached in the form.
8. The form comprises of four optional columns like student's mobile number, family income, schooling (government or private school) and location of school (Delhi, NCR or others). It completely depends on the student whether to fill these columns or not.
9. Students who have got compartment or whose result is awaited can also fill the forms. However, it is necessary that their results should be declared at the time of admission.
10. There is no option of gap year in the form; therefore, any student is allowed to fill the form. All you need to do is fill the circle accordingly like 2015, 2014, 2013 or even before that.
11. The form comprises of 52 courses so now you can apply for as many courses as you want. It is also advisable to apply for multiple courses.
12. The form does not have the option of choosing a college. So once the cut offs are announced, the students can decide which college to go for accordingly.
13. Make sure you don't fold the form.
14. As form will be used for scanning, make sure you don't fold the corners of the form.
15. Keep the photocopy of the form with you properly as it will be needed at the time of admission.