Chinese troops entered Indian territory in Uttarakhand thrice in August: SourcesThe transgression took place on August 6, 14, and 15, sources said.
In yet another attempt to needle India over the contentious border issue, the Chinese Army entered the Indian territory at least on three occasions in Uttarakhand in August.
According to sources, the People's Liberation Army transgressed the Line of Actual Control (LAC) three times in August in Uttarakhand. In Barahoti, the Chinese troops came as far as 4 km deep into the Indian territory, they said.
The transgression took place on August 6, 14, and 15. However, there has been no official confirmation over the latest incursion from Chinese troops
Troops of India and China were locked in a 73-day-long standoff in Doklam from June 16 last year after the Indian side stopped the building of a road in the disputed tri-junction by the Chinese Army.
Bhutan firmly with India on Doklam issue: Top govt officials tell parliamentary panel
Modi-Xi Jinping to have 2-day 'heart-to-heart' summit in Wuhan; talks on global, bilateral issues likely
'Will resume Kailash Mansarovar Yatra through Nathu La', says External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj
'World praised us on Doklam issue', Sushma Swaraj assures of status quo on India-China dispute site
Bhutan and China have a dispute over Doklam. The face-off ended on August 28, 2017.
WATCH: Chinese troops entered Indian territory in Uttarakhand thrice in August
More from india
Nagrota Army camp attack: NIA charge-sheets JeM chief Masood Azhar, 13 others
Sedition case: Gujarat High Court grants bail to Patidar quota agitation leader Alpesh Kathiriya
Sabarimala row: Eight people taken into custody from temple complex
Odisha Assembly passes resolution seeking 33% reservation for women in state legislative assemblies, Parliament