Pehredaar Piya Ki Sequel: 5 things to know about Rishta Likhenge Hum NayaRishta Likhenge Hum Naya will be entirely different from Pehredaar Piya Ki.
After a raging controversy around Pehredaar Piya Ki and its regressive subject, the TV show died an unnatural death without a set climax or ending sequence. The TV actors were devastated by the sudden end of the show. But the show is making a comeback with a sequel called ‘Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya’. The revamped version of the show will be aired on the same channel Sony TV and at the same time. The promo has been aired on television last week which shows TV actress Tejaswi Prakash in a different avatar than the previous edition. Before the show airs on TV, let’s know these five things about Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya.
5 things to know about Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya, the sequel to Pehredaar Piya Ki
- The show will have the same character names Diya and Ratan. Tejaswi Prakash will be playing the role of Diya, but this time she will be seen in a bit modernised avatar.
- The role of Ratan will be played by Rohit Suchanti, who earlier appeared on the show Saath Nibhana Saathiya on Star Plus. Rohit will be playing Ratan, who returns home after completing his education at a foreign university.
- Earlier there were speculations that Khatron Ke Khiladi winner Shantanu Maheshwari is going to step in the shoes of Ratan.
- Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya is not a literal sequel to Pehredaar Piya Ki. The new story will have no connection with the previous edition, only for the names of the characters. It will have a fresh storyline with the same star cast. There will no leaps or flashbacks.
- The story will revolve around Diya’s promise to a dying man. As per her promise, he is bound to protect Ratan, contrary to popular belief of a man protecting a woman.
Watch the teaser of Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya here.