Slain gangsters Atiq Ahmed and his family have been named accused in Umesh Pal murder case by Uttar Pradesh Police in its chargesheet which was filed on Friday. Umesh Pal and his two police security guards were shot dead on February 24 outside his residence in Prayagraj's Dhoomanganj area. In this case, many shooters including the entire family of Atiq Ahmed have been made accused.
Based on a complaint from Jaya Pal, a case was registered on February 25 against gangster-politician Atiq Ahmad, his brother Ashraf, wife Shaista Parveen, two sons, aides Guddu Muslim and Ghulam, and nine others. On March 28, an MP-MLA court held Atiq Ahmed and two others guilty in the 2006 Umesh Pal kidnapping case and sentenced them to life imprisonment.
Main points in chargesheet
- Atiq Ahmed and his family named main accused
- Atiq Ahmed's wife Shaista Parveen is accused of being involved in the conspiracy to commit the murder and arranging all the resources.
- Ashraf is accused of conspiring to murder and providing weapons to the killers.
- Asad, Ghulam, Guddu Muslim, Sabir Usman alias Vijay Chowdhary are also accused.
- Khan Shaukat Hanif is accused of giving information and providing money to the killers.
- Ayesha Noori and Dr Altaf are accused of giving shelter to the killers, hiding evidence and helping them escape.
- Shaista Parveen and Ali are accused of arranging weapons used at the time of the murder.