Wednesday, July 24, 2024
Advertisement
  1. You Are At:
  2. News
  3. Trending
  4. Woman allegedly finds dead mouse in Hershey's chocolate syrup, company reacts

Woman allegedly finds dead mouse in Hershey's chocolate syrup, company reacts

Prami Sridhar shared the incident on Instagram, showing a video of the rodent in the syrup, which went viral. Hershey's responded to the post, and social media users expressed outrage, advising legal action.

Edited By: Nitin Kumar @Niitz1 New Delhi Updated on: June 19, 2024 15:08 IST
Hershey's chocolate Syrup
Image Source : INSTAGRAM/PRAMISRIDHAR A woman allegedly finds a dead mouse in Hershey's chocolate syrup.

A woman in Bengaluru was horrified to allegedly discover a dead mouse in a bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup purchased online via Zepto. The shocking incident was documented by Prami Sridhar in a video that quickly went viral, prompting a response from Hershey's.

Shocking discovery

Prami Sridhar shared the unsettling experience on Instagram, warning others to be vigilant with their food purchases. In the video, she initially poured some syrup onto a spoon and found what appeared to be strands of hair. Upon further inspection, she opened the sealed cap and poured the syrup into a cup, revealing a dead mouse. A family member confirmed the presence of the rodent after washing it.

Company and public reactions

Hershey's and Hershey's India responded to the post. Social media users expressed outrage, advising Prami to sue the company and report the incident to food safety authorities. Many noted that the issue seemed to lie with the manufacturer, not Zepto, given that the product's seal was intact.

India Tv - Hershey's

Image Source : INSTAGRAM/PRAMISRIDHARHershey's and Hershey's India responded to the post

Food safety concerns

Prami’s post reignited discussions about food safety. One user commented on the increasing awareness of unhygienic practices, stating they have shifted to non-packaged foods. Another comment highlighted the need for vigilance with food products, especially those consumed by children.

Health impact

Prami mentioned that several family members who tasted the syrup fell ill but are currently recovering. She urged others to be cautious with their food orders and thoroughly check products before consumption.

Previous incident

This incident follows a similar case last week in Mumbai, where a resident found a "human finger" in ice cream ordered online, further raising concerns about the safety of packaged food products.

Advertisement

Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from Trending

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement