Sunrisers Hyderabad team mangement has retained their captain Kane Williamson and two uncapped Indian players in the name of Abdul Samad and Umran Malik. Leg-spinner Rashid Khan, former David Warner and opening batsman Jonny Bairstow were not retained by the SRH team management.
The first precursor to IPL 2022 has been ticked and the eight franchises have announced their list of retained players. The teams notified their list of retained players during the IPL 2022 Retention List that happened on Tuesday, November 30 in India. Of a total of allotted 90 crore purse to each franchisee, each team retained their decided players in accordance with the retention rule framework.
Players retained by Sunrisers Hyderabad:
- Kane Williamson - INR 14 cr
- Abdul Samad - INR 4 cr
- Umran Malik - INR 4 cr
Reputed Players SRH Released: Rashid Khan, David Warner, Jonny Bairstow
SRH's remaining purse for IPL 2022 Auction: INR 68 cr
IPL 2022 Retention rules:
- Each team is permitted to retain a maximum of four players.
- No RTM (right to match) cards are available to franchises this time.
- Each existing team can retain a maximum of three Indian players, two overseas players, and two uncapped players.
Each team has a salary cap of INR 90 crore. The following is the player-wise slab based on the number of retentions made:
- If four players: Player 1 – INR 16 Cr, Player 2 – INR 12 Cr, Player 3 – INR 8 Cr, Player 4 - INR 6Cr
- If three players: INR 15 Cr, INR 11 Cr, INR 7 Cr
- If two players: INR 14 Cr, INR 10 Cr
- If one player: INR 14 Cr
Uncapped Player Retention- 4 Cr
Noteworthy points for the two new IPL teams (Ahmedabad and Lucknow)
After the existing franchises have retained their players, the two new teams will be able to pick three players ahead of the main auction.
The two new teams are to be able to pick a maximum of two Indian players and one overseas player.