Live Score IND vs NZ 2nd T20, India vs New Zealand Live Updates from Ranchi, IND vs NZ Live ScorecardThat's it from India TV's live coverage of India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I from Ranchi. India sealed the series with back to back win against the Blackcaps. This is your host Akash Kharade signing off for the day.
Fantastic fifties by KL Rahul (65 off 49) and Rohit Sharma (55 off 36) helped India chase the target quite comfortably in 17.2 overs. Venkatesh Iyer (12) and Rishabh Pant (12) also chipped in with some valuable contributions while Tim Southee (3/13) was the most successful bowler for Kiwis.
- India 155/3 in 17.2 overs Pant hits back to back sixes to seal the game for Team India.
- India 143/3 in 17 overs Pant plays three dot balls against Boult. Iyer hits last-ball boundary to get six runs from the over.
- India 137/3 in 16 overs Two wickets and three runs from Southee's over. Suryakumar Yadav gets played-on on the last ball of the over. One run from two balls for SKY who scored fifty in the last game.
- India 135/2 in 15.3 overs Rohit Sharma departs on 55. Second wicket for Tim Southee in the match.
- India 134/1 in 15 overs 12 runs from the over. With a six from Rohit Sharma and a boundary from Iyer. Rohit also completes fifty.
- India 122/1 in 14 overs Venkatesh Iyer is at the crease playing his 2nd T20I ever. Six runs from Southee's over a bouncer hit Sharma's helmet and goes for a boundary. Good over for Kiwis.
- India 117/1 in 13.2 overs Beautiful innings by KL Rahul comes to an end as he miss hits one in the air and Glenn Phillips takes a simple catch at cow corner. KL departs on 65.
- India 116/0 in 13 overs Rohit hit Santner for six. After KL, Rohit is inching towards fifty. 11 runs from the over with one big hit and five singles from it.
- India 105/0 in 12 overs 100 up for Team India. 13 runs from the over with a boundary each from the bat of KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma.
- India 91/0 in 11 overs KL Rahul completes fifty in just 41 balls. Rahul hits Milne for a six and a boundary, followed by three singles. 13 runs from the over.
- India 79/0 in 10 overs Big over for Team India. 16 runs from the over with two sixes from the bat of Rohit Sharma. Much needed over for India.
- India 63/0 in 9 overs Ish Sodhi gives just six runs from the over. India need to start scoring quick. The required rate is just above 8.
- India 57/0 in 8 overs Tim Southee bring back Mitchell Santner to bowl his 2nd over. Three singles and a double from the over, Indian openers are not ready to take any risk against spinners.
- India 52/0 in 7 overs Five singles and a brace from Ish Sodhi's first over. Another 50 partnerships for KL and Rohit. The duo is one of the best opening pairs in T20I cricket.
- India 45/0 in 6 overs Trent Boult bowls the last over of the Powerplay. Rahul welcomes him with a six. 10 runs from the over.
- India 35/0 in 5 overs Good comeback over by Tim Southee as he gives just three runs from it. Three dot balls and three singles in it.
- India 32/0 in 4 overs KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma goes all guns blazing against Adam Milne. Rahul flicks the ball for a boundary while Rohit pulls it for a six. 14 runs from the over.
- India 18/0 in 3 overs Tight over to start by Mitchell Santner. Just two runs from it with four dot balls.
- India 16/0 in 2 overs Another eight-run over for India. Rahul hit two boundaries against Trent Boult. Rahul is looking in a great rhythm.
- India 8/0 in 1 over Rahul welcomes Southee with a boundary. Eight runs from the over. Good start for Team India.
Let's play KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma will kick start India's chase while Blackcaps captain Tim Southee will open the bowling
New Zealand innings
India rode on a tight bowling display by the spin duo of Ravichandran Ashwin and Axar Patel to stymie New Zealand's explosive start and restrict the visitors to a modest 153 for six in the second T20 International here on Friday. In a must-win match for the Kiwis, who are trailing 0-1 in the three-match series, Martin Guptill (31 off 15 balls) and Daryl Mitchell (31 off 28 balls) took the Indian pacers to the cleaners after being put in to bat. Cruising at 64 for one in the powerplay, the Kiwis suddenly hit a roadblock in the crucial middle overs and managed just 64 runs from 7 to 16 overs with Ashwin (1/19) and Axar (1/26) dominating the New Zealand batters in the dew-laden condition.
- New Zealand 153/6 in 20 overs Deepak Chahar will bowl the last over of the innings. Just seven runs from the over with two dot balls in it.
- New Zealand 146/6 in 19 overs Harshal Patel gave just six runs from his last over of the match. 25 runs in four overs and two wickets for him on the debut.
- New Zealand 140/6 in 18 overs Another outstanding over by Team India. Just two runs from Kumar's last over. The right-arm pacer takes the wicket of James Neesham on the last ball.
- New Zealand 138/5 in 17 overs Eventful over comes to an end as Harshal Patel gives 10 runs in his 3rd over. Takes his 2nd wicket of the match. Bowls a waist-high no-ball and gives no run on free hit.
- New Zealand 137/5 in 16.3 overs After getting hit for a six by Glenn Phillips, Harshal Patel bounces back with a short ball which gave him his 2nd wicket of the match. Phillips departs on 34. Big wicket for Team India.
- New Zealand 128/4 in 16 overs Superb over by R Ashwin to finish his spell. Three runs including a wide in it. He finishes with 19 runs in four overs and a wicket.
- New Zealand 125/4 in 15.1 overs R Ashwin is back and he takes his first wicket of the match. Tim Seifert goes for a reverse sweep but finds Bhuvi at short third man.
- New Zealand 125/3 in 15 overs Back to back good overs for Blackcaps as Kumar gives 11 runs from the over. Glenn Phillips hits him for a six down the ground.
- New Zealand 114/3 in 14 overs Deepak Chahar is here to bowl his 3rd over. Glenn Phillips welcomes him with a six. 12 runs from the over.
- New Zealand 102/3 in 13 overs Axar Patel finish his spell with an eight-run over. He gave 26 runs in four overs with the wicket of Mark Chapman.
- New Zealand 94/3 in 12 overs Five runs and a wicket of Glenn Phillips from Harshal Patel's second over, New Zealand are pushed on backfoot by outstanding bowling by Indian bowlers. Spinners are keeping it tight while pacers are taking key wickets.
- New Zealand 89/3 in 11.2 overs A beautiful slower one by Harshal Patel gives him his first wicket in international cricket. Glenn Phillips departs on three in eight balls.
- New Zealand 89/2 in 11 overs Axar Patel to continue from the other end. He gives just five runs from the over with four singles and a wide in it.
- New Zealand 84/2 in 10 overs Another tight over by R Ashwin, just 4 runs from it. New Zealand are on the backfoot with India picking two quick wickets.
- New Zealand 80/2 in 9 overs Seven runs and a wicket from Axar Patel's second over. Chapman hits a boundary in the over before getting out.
- New Zealand 73/2 in 8.5 overs Axar Patel takes the 2nd wicket for Team India as Mark Chapman dismissed on 21. KL Rahul takes a simple catch on the boundary line.
- New Zealand 73/1 in 8 overs Back to back tight overs by India. Just four runs from Ashwin's 2nd over.
- New Zealand 69/1 in 7 overs Harshal Patel is here to bowl the first over of his international career. The right-arm pacer gave just five runs from the over.
- New Zealand 64/1 in 6 overs R Ashwin to bowl the last over of the powerplay. 8 runs from the over as Chapman flicks the last ball of the over for a boundary.
- New Zealand 56/1 in 5 overs 14 runs from the over with a six by Guptill and a boundary by Mark Chapman on the short ball.
- New Zealand 48/1 in 4.2 overs After getting hit for a six on the first ball, Deepak Chahar bounce back to take the wicket of Martin Guptill on 31. The batter reacts late to the bouncer and top edges the ball, Rishabh Pant takes an easy catch.
- New Zealand 42/0 in 4 overs Guptill continues to dominate Kumar as he hit the first ball of the over for a six. Superb straight drive for a six. Kumar bounces back with a bouncer that hit Guptill's helmet. Physio is out in the middle. Everything is fine with Guptill. Daryl Mitchell pulls 4th ball of the over for a boundary. 13 runs from the over.
- New Zealand 29/0 in 3 overs Spin in powerplay by Team India. Axar Patel to bowl the 3rd over. Just five runs from it.
- New Zealand 24/0 in 2 overs Deepak Chahar comes into the attack. 10 runs from the over with two boundaries from the bat of Daryl Mitchell. New Zealand off to a quick start.
- New Zealand 14/0 in 1 over Martin Guptill edges the first ball of the match for a boundary. Excellent start by Bhuvneshwar Kumar as he bowls beautiful outswinger. Guptill miss-hits second ball for another boundary. Outstanding effort by KL Rahul, but fails to convert it into a catch. Guptill ends the over with another boundary over extra-cover.
- Let's Play! Martin Guptill and Daryl Mitchell will open the batting for Blackcaps while Bhuvneshwar Kumar will open the bowling for Men in Blue.
- India Playing XI: KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma(c), Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant(w), Shreyas Iyer, Venkatesh Iyer, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Harshal Patel
New Zealand Playing XI: Martin Guptill, Daryl Mitchell, Mark Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Tim Seifert(w), James Neesham, Ish Sodhi, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee(c), Adam Milne, Trent Boult
- Toss: Rohit Sharma has won the toss and opted to bowl first
Rohit Sharma: We are going to field first. We have seen it here, it's a nice option to go with. Considering the dew factor, it's good to chase in Ranchi. It was a good effort from the boys. It was a good learning for them as they finished the game, it was a good positive to have from that game. The game is such that you need some energy and experience. We have youngsters who want to express themselves, it's a good setup, it's important moving forward. We have one change, Harshal comes in for Siraj.
Tim Southee: We would have bowled first, taking the dew into consideration. It's always about trying to improve. We have to focus on the positives. We'll have to deal with the dew, and find a way to put up a good performance. We have three changes.
- Rohit Sharma rubs his hand on the grass and the India captain isn't happy as the dew has already settled in. Toss is going to be very crucial.
- Harshal Patel is all set to make his India Debut and he gets the cap from former India Test bowler Ajit Agarkar.
- Pitch report by Deep Dasgupta and Ajit Agarkar: The average score at this venue is 155, it's a big ground with big dimensions. There's very little grass on the wicket, it'll be a good pitch for spinners and bowlers who can bowl cutters. The team bowling first might extract some purchase as compared to the team bowling second. Looks a tacky wicket.
- Toss in 15 minutes
Heavy dew has been predicted for the second T20 International between India and New Zealand, which is set to be played in front of a full house at the JSCA International Stadium Complex here on Friday. According to Jharkhand State Cricket Association secretary Sanjay Sahay, they are expecting a full house after the state government has given a green signal to "100 per cent capacity".
Probable playing XI
India Rohit Sharma (c), KL Rahul, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Venkatesh Iyer, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Harshal Patel
New Zealand Martin Guptill, Daryl Mitchell, Mark Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Tim Seifert (wk), Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee (c), Todd Astle, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult
Key battles to watch out for
Rohit Sharma vs Trent Boult
KL Rahul vs Tim Southee
Martin Guptill vs R Ashwin
Daryl Mitchell vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar
India vs New Zealand Head to head
New Zealand - 9
India - 9
You can watch India vs New Zealand 2nd T20 live cricket streaming match on Disney+ Hotstar and JioTV in India.
India Rohit Sharma(c), KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant(w), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Deepak Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Harshal Patel, Avesh Khan, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Siraj, Ishan Kishan, Venkatesh Iyer, Ruturaj Gaikwad
New Zealand Martin Guptill, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, James Neesham, Tim Seifert(w), Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee(c), Lockie Ferguson, Kyle Jamieson, Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi, Todd Astle, Adam Milne
The match starts at 7.00 PM IST.