Australia pace spearhead Mitchell Starc has said that he is not sure of featuring in next year's Indian Premier League after his franchise Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) released him from his contract.
Starc also revealed that KKR owners informed him about their decision via a text message.
"I got a text message two days ago from the owners of Kolkata saying I've been released from my contract," Starc was quoted as saying by cricket.com.au.
The 28-year-old fast bowler was picked by the Shah Rukh Khan-co-owned franchise in last year's players' auction for a whopping USD 1.8 million.
However, Starc couldn't participate in the 2018 season due to a leg injury sustained during Australia's tour of South Africa.
Starc is all set to miss out on another season of the lucrative league unless he nominates himself for the next year's auction, reportedly scheduled for December.
The pacer might as well decide not to take part in IPL 2019 in order to keep himself fresh for next year's ICC World Cup in England and Wales.
"At the moment I'll be home in April. I obviously didn't go last year with my tibia injury and it was a great opportunity to freshen the body up, let everything heal by itself.
"I guess barring a little niggle in my hammy I've felt pretty good with my body and my strength and the rest of it. That little period of time has really paid off for the body.
"If I don't play the IPL next year it's a good opportunity to freshen up for a massive six months of cricket in the UK," he said.
Meanwhile, Starc's next assignment will be the hugely-anticipated four-match Test series against India, starting December 6 in Adelaide.