IPL, Match 11: Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 118 runsHello and welcome to our coverage of Match 11 of the Indian Premier League clash between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Royal Challengers Bangalore from the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad. David Warner will be keen to continue the good show on his road to redemption when a confident Sunrisers Hyderabad take on a struggling Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in an IPL game on Sunday. Despite Sanju Samson scoring an unbeaten 102 not out, Warner (69 off 37 balls) helped Sunrisers chase down a mammoth 199-run target for an impressive five-wicket win, their first of the season, here on Friday night in a high-scoring contest against Rajasthan Royals. And come Sunday, Sunrisers batting unit would like to repeat the show against a low on confidence RCB. RCB are yet to register a win from their two outings so far and they would be desperate to turn things around. But it won't be easy for them as the Sunrisers will have the home advantage. (Match scorecard | When and where to watch)
Highlights, SRH VS RCB FROM HYDERABAD: SRH win by 118 runs
* This has been one steamroll of a game. After the tight ones in the past few days, this has come as an absolute shocker. Virat Kohli in the first game of the edition had said that it was good that the heavy loss they suffered then was a one-off and was glad that it was out of their way early in the tournament but tonight has been an equally, if not heavier defeat for them.
19.32 IST: Sandeep Sharma to Yuzvendra Chahal, OUT c Deepak Hooda b Sandeep Sharma. Bangalore have been bowled out.
* Sandeep Sharma to bowl the final over of the game.
* An appeal for run out has been taken upstairs. Colin de Grandhomme is the man in question here. Even if he is in. Mohammed Siraj has to walk back as there was run out at the other end as well and Siraj was way short there.
19.20 IST: OUT! It has just not been Bangalore's day. Floated delivery outside off, de Grandhomme strokes it wide of deep cover and runs the first one hard. He goes for the second but Umesh was not aware. Colin comes halfway down the track and Umesh seeing this sacrifices his wicket as the ball is thrown to the bowler's end. Rashid Khan waits for a while and then teasingly takes the bails off.
* Review time! The umpire has signalled this ball as a wide but the keeper, Bairstow reckons Yadav has got a glove or something on it's way through. He tells his skipper and then takes it upstairs. To the naked eye, it looked like there was a deflection off the shirt.
19.11 IST: FOUR! Driven! Bowls it full again but Umesh this time drives it crisply through the covers for a boundary. RCB 99/7 in 16.2 overs
19.08 IST: SIX! Umeshhas a go here! Back of a length delivery on middle and off, Yadav flat bats over long on for a maximum. RCB 94/7 in 15.5 overs
19.06 IST: OUT! The youngster's innings comes to an end. A debut to forget for the youngster but he did well with the bat. Slower delivery on off, Ray Barman makes room and looks to play it on the off side. He gets beaten by the slowness off the ball and ends up chipping it straight to Deepak Hooda at cover. Hooda makes no mistake and takes the dolly easily. Sandeep removes Prayas for 19. Royal Challengers Bangalore 86/7 in 15.1 overs
18.59 IST: FOUR! Some runs coming here for Bangalore as the 50-run stand comes up. Kaul bowls it short this time, Ray Barman pulls it and sends it one bounce into the fence at backward square leg. RCB 85/6 in 14.3 overs
18.53 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Colin de Grandhomme, FOUR! De Grandhomme is not going to go down without a fight. Shorter delivery on middle and leg, Colin smokes his pull over mid-wicket for a boundary.
18.51 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Prayas Ray Barman, FOUR! Good shot from the young Ray Barman. Shorter delivery on the body, Barman pulls it fine of fine leg for a boundary.
18.48 IST: Rashid Khan to Colin de Grandhomme, FOUR! Second boundary of the over. De Grandhomme cuts it through point for a boundary.
18.45 IST: Rashid Khan to Colin de Grandhomme, SIX! Very good shot from Colin. Short delivery on middle, de Grandhomme pulls it over mid-wicket for a maximum. Bangalore need more of these.
18.44 IST: Siddarth Kaul to Colin de Grandhomme, SIX! The fifty comes up! Not for de Grandhomme but for the team. A length ball on middle, Colin stands tall and pulls this over deep square leg for a maximum. Great shot though Bangalore will need a lot more of these. RCB 50/6 in 10.1 Overs
18.40 IST: Rashid Khan to Prayas Ray Barman, Rashid is on the shorter length so far. This one is outside off and pushed to point by Prayas. RCB 44/6 in 9.4 Overs
18.38 IST: Rashid Khan to Prayas Ray Barman, Flatter one outside off, punched off the back foot to long off for a single by Barman.
* Strategic break - 40/6 at the end of 9 overs. This has gone from bad to worse to worst for Bangalore. Mohammad Nabi has completed his 4 over spell and picked up 4 wickets himself and Hyderabad seem to be coasting to a huge win here. Bangalore can't do anything but try to forget this day. They need to look and bat as long as possible for their net run rate. Meanwhile, Rashid Khan to bowl after the break.
18.34 IST: Siddarth Kaul to Prayas Ray Barman, Wide! Bouncer, too high on middle. Barman watches the ball go way over his head. The umpire signals it as wide.
18.32 IST: Siddarth Kaul to Colin de Grandhomme, Length delivery on middle, de Grandhomme drives it past the bowler towards mid on for a single.
* Siddarth Kaul to bowl now.
18.28 IST: Mohammad Nabi to Shivam Dubey, OUT! Another one bites the dust and guess what? Nabi has 4! A lofted one on middle, Shivam Dubey's eyes light up and he goes for the big one. He does not hit the ball clean enough though and finds Deepak Hooda in the deep. He has taken a simple catch and Bangalore are six down. This is looking embarrassing now.
18.23 IST: Sandeep Sharma to Shivam Dubey, FOUR! Nice looking shot from Shivam. Short and outside off, Dubey cuts it through point for a boundary.
18.22 IST: Sandeep Sharma to Shivam Dubey, OUT! Run out! Sandeep has collected the ball cleanly and removed the bails in time. Dubey pushes the ball to mid on and looks for a single. Moeen responds but Shivam sends him back later seeing the fielder reaching the ball quickly. Nabi there picks up the ball and throws the ball underarm to Sandeep who does the needful. 5 down and this game looks like it is ending really soon if Bangalore don't do something. RCB 30/5 in 6.2 Overs
* Run out appeal! Lots of confusion here, Moeen Ali is looking for a single but is sent back really late by Dube. Looks like Sandeep has taken off the bails in time and is celebrating. Let's see what the replays have to say.
* Shivam Dubey is the new batsman in.
18.20 IST: Sandeep Sharma to Virat Kohli, OUT! That is surely it, one would believe! Kohli is gone now! A length ball outside off, Kohli times it beautifully but drives it in the air. Warner at extra cover moves to his right and takes a sharp catch. Kohli cannot believe his luck and is astounded for a minute.
18.13 IST: Sandeep Sharma to Virat Kohli, On a good length and outside off, Virat guides it towards third man for a single.
18.12 IST: Sandeep Sharma to Virat Kohli, Full on middle, the skipper flicks it to mid-wicket. Three dots in a row by Sandeep Sharma.
* Moeen walks out at number 5.
18.10 IST: Mohammad Nabi to AB de Villiers, OUT! Bowled 'em! The 360 degree man makes his way back to the pavilion! Flatter one on middle, de Villiers looks to make room and hit it over covers. RCB 22/3 in 3.4 Overs
* AB de Villiers walks in at number 4. Will he be able to do something special today?
18.07 IST: Mohammad Nabi to Shimron Hetmyer, OUT! Stumped! Two for Nabi! Hetmyer is out of here! A flighted ball on middle, Shimron runs down the track to lift this over the long on but absolutely misses the line of the ball. Bairstow collects the ball and removes the bails before Hetmyer could even think about returning!
18.04 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Shimron Hetmyer, SIX! Full connection there! A short length ball, sitting up to be hit. Hetmyer removes one leg outside the line of the ball, makes room to swing and deposits the ball way over the deep mid-wicket boundary into the stands.
* Virat Kohli walks in at number 3.
18.02 IST: Mohammad Nabi to Parthiv Patel, OUT! The professor from Afghanistan strikes! Flatter one on the off stump, Parthiv rocks back and looks to loft it over the cover fielder but does not get enough elevation on the ball. It goes only as far as Manish Pandey at the edge of the circle who takes a good catch. That is the early strike that Hyderabad would have wanted.
18.00 IST: Mohammad Nabi to Parthiv Patel, FOUR! Shot! That sounded really good off the bat. Nabi drags this down slightly and Patel pulls it over mid-wicket for a meaty boundary.
* Mohammad Nabi to bowl from the other end.
17.56 IST: Bhuvneshwar Kumar to Parthiv Patel, FOUR! Looks like I jinxed the bowler. Bhuvneshwar bowls this on a length outside off, not too far but that's enough for Patel to pounce on. He punches it into the ground and finds the gap through the covers. That will give him a lot of confidence.
* We are back for the chase. The two batsmen out in the middle for Bangalore are Parthiv Patel and surprise, Shimron Hetmyer. The opening bowler for Hyderabad will be Bhuvneshwar Kumar. 232 to win! It is surely going to be fun, if Bangalore are to get anywhere close to this total. Let's play!!!
* What a colossal batting effort this has been from Hyderabad! When a player scores a hundred in an innings, more often than not you end up posting a huge score but when you have two people scoring centuries, then is there even a doubt! The toss has been the only thing that has gone in favor of Virat Kohli so far this evening.
17.38 IST: Mohammed Siraj to Yusuf Pathan, 1 run. Full ball on the pads, Yusuf flicks it off his pads to the on side and completes a brace to finish the innings. HYDERABAD FINISH ON 231/2.
17.36 IST: Mohammed Siraj to David Warner, FOUR.
17.35 IST: Mohammed Siraj to David Warner, Running between the wickets has been the highlight of the innings and this is one is also an excellent show of running between the wickets. Full length ball on off, Warner squeezes it wide of deep cover and gets a brace.
17.32 IST: Umesh Yadav to David Warner, SIX! HAMMERED! Bowls a length ball on the pads, Warner picks it and send it sailing over back square leg for a maximum. He has shifted gears after Bairstow left and has taken the onus on him.
17.30 IST: Umesh Yadav to David Warner, FOUR! PERFECT PLACEMENT! That's a shot with perfect timing on it.
* Umesh Yadav to bowl the 19th over of the innings.
17.28 IST: Mohammed Siraj to David Warner, OUT Shankar is hardly in the picture here and Shankar has to walk back. Full length delivery on off, Warner misstimes his hit and it lobs away from AB de Villiers from mid off. hetmyer gathers the ball and throws it at the keeper's end. Shankar was looking for the second but Warner sends him back. The throw is a good one and Parthiv dislodges the bails. The umpire goes upstairs and replays show Shankar was well shot of the crease.
17.27 IST: Mohammed Siraj to David Warner, SIX! 200 up for Hyderabad. It is in the slot for Warner, he moves his leg and slams it over the long off fence for a maximum.
17.20 IST: Yuzvendra Chahal to Vijay Shankar, SIX! THAT IS HUGE! Amazing shot from Shankar. Floated on middle, Shankar lofts this over long on for a biggie. Nice way to get off the mark in style.
Vijay Shankar walks out to bat next.
17.18 IST: Yuzvendra Chahal to Jonny Bairstow, OUT! Finally Bangalore get the breakthrough. Some respite for the bowler and a breathtaking innings from Bairstow comes an end. It took a very good catch from Umesh Yadav to bring an end to this mammoth partnership. SRH 185/1 in 16.2 Overs
* Strategic Break - This has been a hammering of sorts so far! There has been no respite from either opener and Jonny Bairstow has even gone on to make a century. With 4 overs remaining, Bangalore will hope to restrict the runs to as low as possible while Hyderabad will love this total to swell over 240. Let's see how it pans out!
17.13 IST: Warner in the act now. Goes for the sweep on this leg spinner turning in, gets it of the inner half and the ball rolls to fine leg for a boundary.
17.12 IST: Prayas Ray Barman to David Warner, FOUR! Warner in the act now.
17.09 IST: Prayas Ray Barman to Jonny Bairstow, SIX! Continues the big hitting! Quicker leg spinner on middle, Bairstow dances down the track and lofts it flat over long on for a maximim. Sixth maximum for him.
17.08 IST: Prayas Ray Barman to Jonny Bairstow, That is the hundred! What a brilliant knock from Bairstow! His first in the Indian T20 League! Knocks a full ball through mid-wicket for a couple of runs to get to the landmark. An insane knock, outgunning Warner at the other end! Does not happen too often but such has been the caliber of this knock. SRH 166/0 in 15.1 Overs
17.07 IST: Moeen Ali to Jonny Bairstow, Single moves to 98 now. Floated on middle, Bairstow strokes it to long on for a run.
17.03 IST: Yuzvendra Chahal to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR.
17.01 IST: Yuzvendra Chahal to David Warner, SIX. FLAT as it could be! Short and pitching on middle, Warner moves across and pulls it flat and over wide long on for another maximum.
* Yuzvendra Chahal is back on.
16.59 IST: Prayas Ray Barman to Jonny Bairstow, SIX! Are there fielders fielding in this game? Flighted on off, Bairstow comes down the track, takes it on a full toss and smokes it over the mid-wicket fence for a maximum. Bairstow into the 90's.
16.58 IST: Prayas Ray Barman to David Warner, Flatter one outside off, pushed to deep cover and a couple of runs are taken. That is the fifty for Warner, his 3rd in a trot
16.53 IST: Umesh Yadav to Jonny Bairstow, SIX! MAXIMUM! Another short ball on off, Bairstow pulls it and over long on for a six.
16.52 IST: Umesh Yadav to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR! Yadav starts with a short ball on leg, Bairstow clears his left leg and pulls it behind square leg for a boundary.
16.50 IST: Moeen Ali to David Warner, SIX! Just over! Full toss on middle and off, Warner makes room and lofts it over long on. Hetmyer in the deep is well inside the ropes and runs to his right. He jumps but does not get a hand to it and the ball sails over the fence for a maximum. Had Hetmyer been on the edge of the boundary this might well have been a catch.
16.48 IST: Moeen Ali to David Warner, Shorter on off, Warner gets on his back foot and heaves it in the gap between deep cover and long on for a couple. Warner was in fact running hard and looking for the third but does not get it.
* Moeen Ali to bowl now.
16.47 IST: Colin de Grandhomme to Jonny Bairstow, SIX! Amazing shot. Short of a length delivery, Bairstow pulls it over mid-wicket for a maximum.
16.45 IST: Colin de Grandhomme to Jonny Bairstow, SIX! MIGHTY! That's a pull and it goes straight into the stands.
* Colin de Grandhomme to bowl now.
16.44 IST: Prayas Ray Barman to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR! Fifty for Jonny Bairstow. His first in the Indian T20 League. What a knock this has been from the Englishman. No respuite for Barman. He paddles this floated delivery on leg, fine of fine leg to get to the landmark with a boundary.
16.43 IST: Prayas Ray Barman to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR! Pressure on the young Barman. Tossed up on off, Bairstow slams it wide of long on for a boundary.
16.42 IST: Prayas Ray Barman to Jonny Bairstow, SIX! Don't even bother looking that one is out of here. Floated on off, Bairstow smacks this over covers for a maximum.
16.40 IST: Yuzvendra Chahal to David Warner, Slower through the air, David plays it with soft hands and flicks it to mid-wicket. They are quick in running there and complete a brace easily.
* Yuzvendra Chahal is back on.
16.35 IST: Prayas Ray Barman to David Warner, Excellent start in the Indian T20 League for Barman. Just 6 off his first. Shorter and on middle, Warner pulls it wide of mid-wicket for a brace. Fewest runs have come off his over so far in this inning. SRH 65/0 in 7 overs
16.30 IST: Prayas Ray Barman to David Warner, First ball in the Indian T20 League for Barman is on the right area. It is flighted on middle, Warner tucks it towards mid-wicket and gets to the other end.
* Prayas Ray Barman, the 16 year-old debutant is now into the attack.
* Strategic Break - Well, well, well! Hyderabad are off to a flyer. Bairstow and Warner are going hammer and tongs after the Bangalore bowling. End of the Powerplay and they are 59/0. The hosts will hope these two can continue the onslaught. Bangalore need to get wickets and stop the free flowing runs here.
16.25 IST: Mohammed Siraj to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR! Cracking shot! Bairstow is hitting them clean here. Bairstow is hitting them clean here. Full ball outside off, Bairstow punches it off the back foot and through the point region for a boundary.
16.24 IST: Mohammed Siraj to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR! Mistimed but safe! Length ball outside off, Bairstow looks to hit over the top but mistimes it over mid-off as his one hand came off the bat. The ball was just over mid off and he gives it a chase but fails to stop it.
16.22 IST Umesh Yadav to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR. Bairstow looks in the mood today. Good length delivery outside off, Bairstow smokes this through point and gets a boundary. Flying start for Hyderabad. 50 up in the fifth over with that boundary.
16.19 IST: Umesh Yadav to David Warner, In the air...but safe. Warner survives. Fast and on a length on the pads, Warner looks to flicks it to the on side but gets a leading edge. The ball lobs wide of cover. Hetmyer cannot get there and the batsmen pick up a single.
* Umesh Yadav with a change of ends.
16.17 IST: Mohammed Siraj to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR! Lucky! A half tracker outside off, Bairstow looks to slap it but gets a thick outside which goes straight to the third man fence.
16.15 IST: Mohammed Siraj to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR! Jonny is not staying back here! Short ball on the ribs, Jonny pulls it up and over. There was no fielder in the deep and it rolls to the fence.
*Jonny Bairstow looks to be struggling with the extreme heat here. After completing the single, he is seen on his haunches. Does not look anything too serious though...
16.14 IST: Mohammed Siraj to Jonny Bairstow, Full ball on off, Jonny pushes it to mid on and changes strikes.* Mohammed Siraj is into the attack now.
16.10 IST: Yuzvendra Chahal to David Warner, Loose start this from Chahal. Bowls it shorter on the pads, Warner gets on one knee and sweeps it wide of deep mid-wicket for a couple.
* Yuzvendra Chahal is the first bowling change for Bangalore.
16.07 IST: Umesh to Bairstow, Excellent comeback from Umesh after first ball six and ended the over with just seven runs in it. SRH 21/0 in 2 Overs
16.04 IST: Umesh to Warner, SIX! Beautiful shot, Warner has started where he left the last game and welcomes Yadav with a classic straight six. SRH 20/0 in 1.1 Overs
* Umesh Yadav into attack
16.03 IST: Moeen Ali to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR! It's raining boundaries here and Jonny cuts the ball for the boundary. SRH 14/0 in 1 overs
16.02 IST: Moeen Ali to David Warner, FOUR! This time the Southpaw powers it in the mid on are for the boundary to open his run account. SRH 9/0 in 0.4 Overs
16.01 IST: Moeen Ali to Jonny Bairstow, FOUR! Short ball and Jonny smashes it for the boundary to get off the mark in style. SRH 4/0 in 0.2 Over
* We are all set to begin. The players and umpires are out in the middle. David Warner and Jonny Bairstow will open the batting for Hyderabad. A spinner to begin proceedings for Bangalore! Moeen Ali it is! Let's play!!!
* Bhuvneshwar Kumar says that he would have bowled first as well. Informs us that Williamson is doing well but has a slight niggle and they want him to rest now so that he is ready for latter stages of the tournament. On team changes, Bhuvi informs us that Kane Williamson and Shahbaz Nadeem are replaced by the duo of Mohammad Nabi and Deepak Hooda.
* Virat Kohli has said that his decision is because of the team combination, having added a spinner and he expects the ball to come onto the bat better under lights. Informs us that there is a single change for their team, Navdeep Saini goes out and Prayas Ray Barman, an exciting young spinning talent will play his first game for them. Kohli states that he and AB de Villiers are pretty happy to take the pressure on themselves as long as it helps the juniors around. Wants the other players in his team to come out and express themselves more.
15.51 IST: Playing XI of both teams are out
15.34 IST: Young Prayas Ray Barman to debut for RCB
15.32 IST: RCB win the toss and opt to field first.
15.22 IST: PITCH REPORT:
Sunil Gavaskar says that there is little grass and there are cracks and spinners will get more help on this track. He adds that the team winning the toss would look to bat first and score big.
15.10 IST: How many will be on display today?
14.40 IST: The Orange army is ready
14.25 IST: Can they manage to stop Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers?
14.15 IST: At this venue, Hyderabad boast a 5-1 record over Bangalore, so they would like to make that 6-1.
14.10 IST: Hyderabad, on the other hand, one of the best bowling units in the League, seem to have gone south in that department this season. The batting continues to be dependent on David Warner but now, the issue is that the middle order is not performing at all. They are coming off a sensational win against Rajasthan but they would know better that relying mainly on Warner will not do good in the long run. Even in their bowling, it is just Rashid who is consistent. So the task for Kohli and co. is pretty clear - get Warner early and the match could be theirs.
14.05 IST: Not many times do you see this - a side losing 2 games on the trot - one miserably and the other, after coming so close to a win. But Bangalore seem to be that kind of a unit. The fact that they did not change their playing XI against Mumbai in spite of being out cheaply against Chennai shows their self-confidence. They look to have settled in on a decent all-round combination and just need some time before that starts paying dividends.
Delhi vs Kolkata report: